German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Time fora big basket muzzle when in crowded areas? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/485890-time-fora-big-basket-muzzle-when-crowded-areas.html)

pets4life 09-04-2014 11:22 PM

Time fora big basket muzzle when in crowded areas?

Okay

Am i UNLUCKY? or what this stuff happens to me a lot. My girl is not dog aggressive i have close friends who are very good licensed dog behaviourists and they say shes not aggressive but very picky who she likes and does not like and wont put up with any kind of rudeness from anything.

Shes so sweet me and my friends all go even with their puppies to places like HIgh park toronto, NEVER the off leash side. I put my dog in a sit she did not bark a word. WHEN

Today a huge rottie charged us i yelled at it told it NO!!! and even resorted to kicking (I HATE PEOPLE WHO KICK DOGS)it but that did not work they are built like tanks i have no idea what this dog was trying to do but she did not like mine. She just smashed my own leg into my own dog who was still sitting not barking and then went into my dogs face and stared while i was trying to kick it away, my friend yelled at the owners the owners called their huge rottie but she did not listen to them. Well my dog just grabbed her face and and tore into made it scream in horror. Worst noise.

NO one cared tho not even the owners but it just feels wrong like one time a huge dobie jumped out of a truck window and attacked us in such a horrific manner, my dog flipped it over and just brutalized it. Only one or two seconds.

But things like this happen no small dogs ever just large dominant types but every time it ends with the dog tore open and in shock from the bite it jusut got remember my dog was trained to grip hard and bred for strong grips. She can kill a dog if given a few minutes. I dont know why she can do this maybe it is her czech police backround? maybe its all her bite work training? maybe its her coyote experience? (she will kill them) but shes just such a fast effective fighter no matter the dog she gets the dog first and just causes horrible damage in seconds. I understand most german sheps here are usually victims. I am always in leashed areas or even while walking by houses and being attacked from someones drive way.

So any good muzzle ideas? One she could swim in? Eat in? Even tho they are breaking the law i have a feeling my dog can still handle herself with a muzzle. She loves beaches the public the bikes going by people jogging by kids running by she just keeps to herself shes the dream dog execpt for if something wants to mess with her she will really give it to them. I dont want something like this to happen again.

My friend who was with me seems to think even if shes attacked with a muzzle on she would still take care of herself while i am helping of course. Before a dog attacks her my dog seems to be quiet and still all planned out and then she goes right for the face and twists, or even the throat very precise thought out defense moves so it is never ever a "fight" because the dog is already down before they even got a chance to fight.

selzer 09-05-2014 12:09 AM

I think that maybe that would be wise.

pets4life 09-05-2014 12:27 AM

the reg pet stores ones? so she can pant and eat? the hannible lecter type? People will hide their kids lol even tho shes so calm and sweet around kids she ignores them. She LOVES the husky who lives beside us and lays at the fence to comfort him when hes crying cause hes outside (all the time) But i cant risk my dog fatally injuring a dog and then having her go on dangerous dog act. She knows how to kill a dog in a short amount of time if she wanted to. There is no noise when she gets attacked she is quiet and just eats the attacker.

hunterisgreat 09-05-2014 12:42 AM

Don't have her around other dogs if you can not prevent dog fights

pets4life 09-05-2014 12:52 AM

shes not around other dogs other than shes friends with this is on leash places

your female has done the same many times

some rare odd gsd females are just killer bitches

its not a fight either its other dogs trying to commit suicide

Pax8 09-05-2014 12:54 AM

I would do a sturdy wire basket muzzle.

The fact that she has had so many instances where she has felt the need to defend herself makes me question your management skills. If she is so selective about other dogs, and doesn't like large, domineering dogs in particular, you should be keeping an eye out and preventing her and other large dogs access to each other in all situations unless you know the dog and know she gets along with it. She should never have to resort to defending herself. That's just bad management on the handler end. If you're not careful, she will be labeled a threat, and could be euthanized if she ever causes enough damage to the wrong people. It really should not matter that she can defend herself or that she is an "efficient" fighter. It should never come to that.

pets4life 09-05-2014 12:58 AM

pax im gonna send a 100 pound rottie right at you full speed and watch you "handle" the situation

Of course the whole point of the thread was asking about basket muzzles because I want this to work out.

ALso I dont know what kind of dog you own but german shepherds are protection dogs so yes defense is part of what they do for work.

Bad management that i put my dog in a sit while trying to stop the other dog, love to see how it turns out if u get attacked by a pit. The owners of the other dog I guess are not in fault for breaking the law or unable to control their dog are they?

lalachka 09-05-2014 01:04 AM

Translation. I have the baddest best fighter dog on the planet. Everyone be jealous with your victim sheps

pets4life 09-05-2014 01:07 AM

:rolleyes:Nice comprehension skills;)

lalachka 09-05-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pets4life (Post 5987162)
:rolleyes:Nice comprehension skills;)

Thank you, thank you. not bad:)