German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Sometimes i wonder if my posts/threads are visible on the forums? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/485337-sometimes-i-wonder-if-my-posts-threads-visible-forums.html)

VTGirlT 09-03-2014 05:04 PM

Sometimes i wonder if my posts/threads are visible on the forums?

Because i feel like maybe 85% of the time, if i reply to someones thread or add to a discussion thread, or even to my own thread it's as if it were an invisible post.

Not that its raining on my parade and its making me loose sleep, but it has happened enough times where it made me literally wonder if only some of my posts were visible. Especially for example.. if i'm replying directly to a person and took time to write a reply sometimes a very lengthy reply, and they reply directly to the people who posted before and after me- but nothing to me.. It's like wow gee thanks! Or maybe my posts aren't that great or i don't have the best grammar and its hard to read, maybe i'm on the Truman Show ( i wonder this time when im driving and 2-3 cars pull out at once in front of me! LOL!).. the possibilities are endless here! lol :o

But anyways.. I do want to add so no one believes i think otherwise, that this forums is a really great forums. There is a lot of information/learning new things/asking things, there are some people here who really DO care and are great supporters to others including to myself, and a place to discuss something we all have in common. It's really helped me get to places i dont think i would be with Zelda.

Although if anyone else is wondering if their posts are invisible, i'm pretty sure they aren't..? :rolleyes:

McWeagle 09-03-2014 05:12 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's happened to me too. I've also been a thread ender a few times. I worried about it a bit at first, but then decided it wasn't a big deal. :)

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 09-03-2014 05:14 PM

Hey guys I feel the same way.I think its all about timing and at times my posts end up a minute after someone elses catches everyone's attention.I dont take it personally but sometimes it can be annoying.

Msmaria 09-03-2014 05:25 PM

Same here. Have you tried quoting the post. That way they don't think your replying to someone else who has posted.
i post from my phone that's small, so i don't always see posts etc and i miss alot. Maybe they do too.

Audie1 09-03-2014 05:28 PM

I guess that we could be considered the "Wall Flowers" of this board :P

It seems to me that if you want to get a guaranteed response here, all you need do is start a 'breeding' post or throw up a thread on your dog's behaviour problems. You'll get page after page of responses in no time.

lyssa62 09-03-2014 05:36 PM

I used to be considered a "thread killing queen" on another board. :) In fact that was the nickname they gave me. :) I kind of feel like that sometimes too. I just feel like some of the others have been on here a long time and have formed great friendships..and that's cool I get it. As long as you are getting something from being on here..then I'd just brush the rest off.

Sarah~ 09-03-2014 05:39 PM

Happens to me all of the time, but that may be because I always try to reply anyone talks to me, so sometimes conversations drag on and people just stop replying. It's one of my more annoying qualities lol and it happens to me in texts and on facebook too!

Lilie 09-03-2014 06:06 PM

I'm sorry...did y'all say something?

If you are adding to a pervious answer, there isn't a point on replying directly to your specific post. If you find yourself only posting something that you agree with, again, no point in a reply.

But if you are a rogue...and disagree...then watch what happens. Especially if you say that you tend to sacrifice small animals in the dead of night only during a full moon.

McWeagle 09-03-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilie (Post 5980946)
Especially if you say that you tend to sacrifice small animals in the dead of night only during a full moon.

Oh, man, and that was going to be the opener to my next thread! Gah, back to the drawing board...

lyssa62 09-03-2014 06:55 PM

uh don't talk about sacrificing small animals in the dead of the night...the neighbors probably think we do that....I brushed Roxy out in the yard the last two days ....looks like something was killed in the yard.