German Shepherds Forum banner

Sometimes i wonder if my posts/threads are visible on the forums?

4K views 49 replies 24 participants last post by  ShastinaMama 
#1 ·
Because i feel like maybe 85% of the time, if i reply to someones thread or add to a discussion thread, or even to my own thread it's as if it were an invisible post.

Not that its raining on my parade and its making me loose sleep, but it has happened enough times where it made me literally wonder if only some of my posts were visible. Especially for example.. if i'm replying directly to a person and took time to write a reply sometimes a very lengthy reply, and they reply directly to the people who posted before and after me- but nothing to me.. It's like wow gee thanks! Or maybe my posts aren't that great or i don't have the best grammar and its hard to read, maybe i'm on the Truman Show ( i wonder this time when im driving and 2-3 cars pull out at once in front of me! LOL!).. the possibilities are endless here! lol :eek:

But anyways.. I do want to add so no one believes i think otherwise, that this forums is a really great forums. There is a lot of information/learning new things/asking things, there are some people here who really DO care and are great supporters to others including to myself, and a place to discuss something we all have in common. It's really helped me get to places i dont think i would be with Zelda.

Although if anyone else is wondering if their posts are invisible, i'm pretty sure they aren't..? :rolleyes:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey guys I feel the same way.I think its all about timing and at times my posts end up a minute after someone elses catches everyone's attention.I dont take it personally but sometimes it can be annoying.

#4 ·
Same here. Have you tried quoting the post. That way they don't think your replying to someone else who has posted.
i post from my phone that's small, so i don't always see posts etc and i miss alot. Maybe they do too.

#5 ·
I guess that we could be considered the "Wall Flowers" of this board :p

It seems to me that if you want to get a guaranteed response here, all you need do is start a 'breeding' post or throw up a thread on your dog's behaviour problems. You'll get page after page of responses in no time.

#6 ·
I used to be considered a "thread killing queen" on another board. :) In fact that was the nickname they gave me. :) I kind of feel like that sometimes too. I just feel like some of the others have been on here a long time and have formed great friendships..and that's cool I get it. As long as you are getting something from being on here..then I'd just brush the rest off.

#7 ·
Happens to me all of the time, but that may be because I always try to reply anyone talks to me, so sometimes conversations drag on and people just stop replying. It's one of my more annoying qualities lol and it happens to me in texts and on facebook too!

#8 · (Edited)
I'm sorry...did y'all say something?

If you are adding to a pervious answer, there isn't a point on replying directly to your specific post. If you find yourself only posting something that you agree with, again, no point in a reply.

But if you are a rogue...and disagree...then watch what happens. Especially if you say that you tend to sacrifice small animals in the dead of night only during a full moon.

#12 ·
I had a young family over last weekend to work their Lacy dog at my house. They aren't used to a long haired dog. In the corner of my back porch, caught along the brick was a mound of Hondo hair. Their young girl (in third grade, however old that is) said, "Ms. Nancy! I think there's a dead squirrel on your back porch!" I had to explain it was a hair ball that I've over looked.....or perhaps was too lazy to remove. And then I had to remove it. I had no excuses not to. Rude.

#13 ·
I would let Eko sacrifice the mouse that lives here as long as SOMEONE got rid of it. I have a male cat, a male GSD, and 3 adult human men in the house you would think one of them could catch a mouse. Xena and I think we need to exchange these guys for some more capable ones!

#20 ·
I would let Eko sacrifice the mouse that lives here as long as SOMEONE got rid of it. !
My friend had a mouse and they wanted to catch him. once they were sitting in the kitchen and he ran and my friend killed him with her leg, like a reflex. she was so distraught, she gave him cpr with a straw and a heart massage.

I'm not making it up. I don't think you can make this up.
the mouse before this one she caught and released.
she also found a sick baby racoon that now lives with her. actually an adorable animal. she masturbates by rubbing against things.

so yeah, special girl.

#15 ·
I consider myself a thread killer here also...but I don't think I've ever posted about a problem, I know those get attention. I of course think my dogs are beautiful but scarcely even get a comment when I post a picture or two. I will survive this, and carry on to fight another day.

#31 ·
I consider myself a thread killer here also...but I don't think I've ever posted about a problem, I know those get attention. I of course think my dogs are beautiful but scarcely even get a comment when I post a picture or two. I will survive this, and carry on to fight another day.

Your dogs are beautiful!I love the pictures on the Christmas card exchange. I just looked through your posts and Leah is a gorgeous baby girl. Danf I gotta stop using the active section.

#16 ·
I feel like that at times, but it's kind of across the internet in general. :) Many forums that I post on at times it seems like what I said was overlooked, but it could always just be that they didn't really have anything to say about it.

I consider myself a post killer on one board, since I swear if it's a topic that is kind of controversial, like say animal based research, since I know a side that few do, people likely don't know what to say in response lol.

#19 ·
Maybe that means that your down to earth and normal. Because, I know, I do it to, people just respond more to posts that are harsh, mean, or way out there. If you post something that is pretty reasonable, you might get a "this" or I agree with **** , but it sometimes seems to take GSD-blasphemy to get a response, and you wonder if anyone is even awake out there.

#24 ·
Photo threads never seem to get more then 4-5 reponses usually, mostly I think because people look and think "nice!" but don't bother commenting. Same thing with good advice, once someone's given it then if the next 50 people all chimed in with a :thumbup: or "I agree!" the thread would get very clogged fast

If I had a penny for every post that went ignored, I'd be rich ;) I've learned that it's not personal, sometimes you get responses while sometimes you don't :shrug: There's really no rhyme or reason

#25 ·
I have three goldfish....

Just wanted to reply something so you wouldn't feel ignored. No penny for you today!

#30 ·
Omg I just burst out laughing, I just noticed my post said I HEAVE peanut butter m&ms and then you wanted me to share lol!! If you insist!!

#33 ·
Mmmmm peanut M&M's... :wub::wub::wub: Reese's peanut butter cups are better though ;):D

#37 ·
They have these pretzel stubs filled with peanut butter. I think they would be awesome surrounded by Hershey's chocolate, but for some reason, I don't get to make those decisions.

#39 ·
I read through everyone's replies. And i appreciate it- thank you! You guys are dolls! :) Glad i am not the only one who feels the same way! lol!

BTW i love the change in topic! :p hahaha!

And those are some beautiful fur babies!

#41 ·
I feel the same way too. So you're not alone. That's why I've only started only a few threads.

Having said that there's been a few times when the old saying "be careful what you wish for" came to mind. I'd post something I didn't think would be controversial and then the next thing I know all heck breaks loose. ;). :help: :wild:

#42 ·
Yeahh .. like posting about trying to give my puppy away because he was such a toot that day at training and being told that by a poster that he hated people like me. *shrug* Just ignore (literally ...IGNORE .. a great feature) the bad and enjoy the good. :)

Also, depending on the time of day you post, some things get missed. I know that I usually click New Posts at the top and sometimes I still miss whole threads .. not sure how that happens. AND, I'm usually just taking a quick break from working, etc. and skim through the threads a lot of the times. I do enjoy a lot of things, roll my eyes at the dramatic (and loud) few, and absorb some of the great information and tips that I find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.