German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   This dog is going to do me in... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/485241-dog-going-do-me.html)

llombardo 09-03-2014 06:10 AM

This dog is going to do me in...

I woke up at 3:05 am to a icky smell. So icky I didn't even want to look:( I go into the laundry room and find the most horrid mess in my goldens crate. The whole crate covered and spilling over with puke and poop, thinking about it now I think it was straight puke. What do I find in there? Little pieces of his Scalibor flea collar. What dog takes their collar off and eats it? Mine does:( I get him outside and drag all of this stuff through the house making a bigger mess. I clean the crate, shampoo the rugs, and clean the walls. It was everywhere, he did not miss a spot. I get done with that and call the emergency vet who tells me I have to call the pet animal poison center. They charge $39 and give a case number for the vet to use if needed. Due to his weight and energy level they aren't to concerned about it, but I have to watch him for the next 12 hours. I have to watch for excessive puking and any kind of twitching or him walking funny. They are more worried about his nervous system over a blockage. So I call my boss to get the day off and I'm told I can't because we just got a new system and I'm needed. Well now I'm really ticked off because someone else in the office is off on Friday without a problem. How does that work and I'm trying to bite my tongue. I told him that if I come in I will be leaving every 2 hours to check on the dog and he agreed. I just got done giving the dog a bath and I still smell this icky smell, so now I need to shower. I'm trying to get in touch with my dad to see if he can come over for a few hours. I don't know what time he injested the collar, so the 12 hours starts at 3am. I will watch him for longer but that seems to be the critical time. My neighbors must think I'm crazy, the windows are open and I'm running the carpet shampooer and dog dryer full force at 4am...This dog is the most mischievous dog I have ever met, he has always been that way. If there is trouble he finds it....he is going to give me a heart attack.

BorderKelpie 09-03-2014 06:16 AM

Oh, wow. That's going to make for a crappy day.
Hope everything works out ok for you.

llombardo 09-03-2014 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BorderKelpie (Post 5978865)
Oh, wow. That's going to make for a crappy day.
Hope everything works out ok for you.

I figure I can count on puke or poop on almost every visit which will require clean up time, so by the time I'm done with my day at work, I'll end up working a half of a day and getting paid for all day. That will teach the boss:)

Shade 09-03-2014 08:48 AM

Yikes, I hope he's ok

Msmaria 09-03-2014 09:18 AM

Haha, the neighbors are probably thinking. What is that lady doing now?

I hope he's okay. Sometimes it's the one that gives us the most issues, that we just love the most. Maybe he knows that haha.

GatorBytes 09-03-2014 09:27 AM

Activated Charcoal. It will bind with the toxins to remove so not absorbed into the blood stream. Helps nausea and diarrhea.

blackshep 09-03-2014 09:46 AM

Oh dear, hope he's ok.

Maybe something like a topical flea treatment going forward?

I hope he's on the mend soon, you poor thing. Sounds positively awful!

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 09-03-2014 01:55 PM

I hope he feels better and you get to rest tonight.

wyoung2153 09-03-2014 02:14 PM

Hope he feels better and doesn't get too sick from it... and that you actually didn't have that bad of a day! :hugs:

GSD Owner in Training :-) 09-03-2014 09:27 PM

I hope your golden is doing ok. And sorry you have to have such a long horrendous day. Please keep us posted on updates of him. :hugs: