German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Do you have names picked out already for future dogs? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/482993-do-you-have-names-picked-out-already-future-dogs.html)

Anubis_Star 08-26-2014 01:04 AM

Do you have names picked out already for future dogs?

Fun little question I think. Do you have names picked out for future dogs? Or have you ever actually used pre-picked names?

My entire life growing up I wanted a german shepherd named Captain. I dreamed about my Captain! At 18 I bought my first ever dog, a GSD, and named him.... Zeke?? Lol don't know where the name came from honestly or why I ever picked it but I love it!

Next I wanted for several years a darker sable shepherd that I was definitely going to name Kaiser. Now I have my sable... Berlin haha. (After I put the deposit down I actually really wanted to name him Zombie (more after rob zombie vs the walking dead :P ) but that name quickly got shot down by just about everyone)

Now I feel like I would really like to name my next GSD, a future female, Rem. I really like the name for some reason but we'll see when the time actually comes

car2ner 08-26-2014 06:24 AM

we play around in the event we ever get another puppy when our current dog gets a little older. Since this dog is General George S Patton Jr III (Patton), our next dog may be named Sargent Major Miller, but his call name would be Sarge.

huntergreen 08-26-2014 07:46 AM

"murph", that was my fathers family nickname while he was growing up.

Shade 08-26-2014 08:18 AM

Some yes, some no. I'm pretty positive I have my next dog's name picked but it's not set in stone :)

LaRen616 08-26-2014 08:36 AM

I had Sinister's name picked out several months before I got him. I still LOVE his name.

I usually always have names picked out for animals before I get them.

Draven's name was Draco for the first 8 or 9 months of his life and then I changed it to Draven. I always wanted a Dalmatian named Draco, I had that planned for several years before I got him but then calling him that didn't feel right. Draven doesn't really feel right either but I like it more than Draco.

I do know what I will name my next dog if it is a female Doberman or another male Dalmatian or a male Australian Shepherd. I won't say the names here though. ;)

Snapdragon 08-26-2014 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You can have a name all picked out, meet the dog, and then realize it doesn't fit him. Sometimes it just doesn't click! That aside, I do have my pup's name picked out, just hoping it fits! Keeping it a secret until he's here and I can share him with you guys. Shh.

Bridget 08-26-2014 09:37 AM

Yes. Silly, but I do. I would like to name a male shep Kaiser.

jeepgirl 08-26-2014 09:57 AM

I had Bryn (after Brynhilde, one of the Valkyries) picked out for a long time before I met my new pup, but after spending the first day with her, we decided Kymber was definitely a better fit. I keep quite a few names in reserve. :D

However, someday I will have a male dog again and his name will be Cash.

FirefighterGSD 08-26-2014 11:04 AM

I work with horses (assistant trainer) so for me, I always have a ton of names in my head. Just totally natural for me. :p

Wild Wolf 08-26-2014 11:09 AM

I have two names aside for my next male and female already, but I am not telling anyone what they are. Haha. ;)