German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   What are your favorite German Shepherd proof toys? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/468561-what-your-favorite-german-shepherd-proof-toys.html)

Beebz03 07-08-2014 11:14 PM

What are your favorite German Shepherd proof toys?

I need to buy some new ones, she finally chewed through her rubber dog tire and ripped up this rope toy. I finally had to give her a real bone that has lasted for awhile now after watching her completely shred and devour $15 extra thick rawhide bones in 2-3 days. The only thing that has survived it her kong. Any suggestions?

Ace GSD 07-08-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beebz03 (Post 5751273)
I need to buy some new ones, she finally chewed through her rubber dog tire and ripped up this rope toy. I finally had to give her a real bone that has lasted for awhile now after watching her completely shred and devour $15 extra thick rawhide bones in 2-3 days. The only thing that has survived it her kong. Any suggestions?

The only ones i know GSD proof but not really cause it hurts are my hands lol... but i just kept buying him the bones..

Maverick M 07-08-2014 11:52 PM

I agree with Beebz03, the Kong toy is the most durable. My Maverick is a strong chewer and he wants anything that he can sink his teeth into. He ignored the Nylabone. No fun at all. Lol

jocoyn 07-09-2014 06:19 AM

My dog loves his Jolly balls. Not indestructable but pretty rugged.
The ultra planet dog toys appear to be indestructable, at least to my dog.
We have a hard plastic ball (the best ball) he loves too...it has some deep gouges in it but he plays with that one a good bit. I keep an eye on it because it, too, does not appear to be indestructable.

counter 07-09-2014 06:51 AM

Are you looking for chew toys or non-chew toys, like balls and such? I know my dogs have had the Chuckit Balls for years and have never destroyed any of them. They like to get jaw exercise by trying to chomp chomp chomp squish squish squish them in their mouths. I just recently discovered that Chuckit makes XL and XXL sizes now. We always had the medium or large sizes. So I've bought everything in XL and XXL and put away the M and L. I can use the balls to play fetch, or they can just get their jaw workout by chewing on them. Every other kind of toy or chew hasn't lasted 5 minutes with this pack, other than bones. HOWEVER, my 2 oldest dogs have chipped their teeth, to include their huge molars, on the raw meaty bones. Paw Paw had to get a broken (in half) molar removed, and it totaled $1,000 in surgery and other multiple appointment costs. No more bones for them, unless short term and supervised.

sehrgutcsg 07-09-2014 07:56 AM

My $50.00 Serengetti Sunglasses were most certainly NOT GSD proof. She got the first pair off the desk or dining room table to show me I needed new ones. Then she got my backup sunglasses and left them intact in the hall. ;)

SGCSG

blackshep 07-09-2014 08:12 AM

If you find one, let me know :D

I've heard Goughnuts are good, but I can't find them to try!

ApselBear 07-09-2014 09:38 AM

I wear a long thick workboot sock to sleep a couple nights, or just when I'm outside and a little sweaty. Then I stuff an empty(lid still on) water bottle inside the sock. Cheap disposable toy and Apsel will prance around with that thing for days.

I got the idea because as a pup he would search high and low for my dirty socks, and only mine, and I just add the bottle for the noise.

It's not exactly GSD proof, but it is cheap and its fun watching him strut around with it.

One of these socks will last a week with Apsel, but he's gentle with his toys. He's had a little squeaky stuffed wiener dog since he was 8weeks, he's 8 months last week.

Of course for all you worryworts out there, this toy requires supervision when you chew on it.

SuperG 07-09-2014 10:07 AM

So far the only GSD proof item around my house which the dog hasn't worn out yet is a brick.

SuperG

llombardo 07-09-2014 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
His jolly ball has been around for over a year and it's in great shape. He loves that ball and plays with it daily.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...1&d=1404915095