Am I being overly obsessed or..? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Am I being overly obsessed or..?

I always have anxiety leaving my dog at home when I go places, I feel like he misses me and I feel like he thinks I'm abandoning him! I'm going away on vaca for a week and idk how I can deal with leaving him with family, I just worry so much about him when I'm not with him that makes me not enjoy what I'm doing.. I miss him so much!Would you say this is overly obsessed?
Hunter4628 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

for me, i cant say it. im in the same situation that ur in and if i tell u that yes u r then that makes me over obsessed too :P

but yeah i think we r for the past 4 days now i brought all my work home so i could stay near her and not go to the office
steve-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't have an answer but am anxious to hear from the experts. I share the same anxiety regarding leaving my dog for more than a few hours. How can we ensure our pups are prepared to deal with the separation?
Jake and Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

I am the EXACT same way. (sigh) I guess you could say we're obsessive. I live for my animals and hate when they can't come with me. I worry what they think when I'm gone too long. I don't think anyone will take care of them to my standards so that always upsets me. Soooooo I usually bring them on the trip. Husband doesn't always appreciate the extra "work" but oh well!
CindyMDBecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyMDBecker View Post
I am the EXACT same way. (sigh) I guess you could say we're obsessive. I live for my animals and hate when they can't come with me. I worry what they think when I'm gone too long. I don't think anyone will take care of them to my standards so that always upsets me. Soooooo I usually bring them on the trip. Husband doesn't always appreciate the extra "work" but oh well!
exactly my point. like sometimes my little puppy tries to jump up the sofa and i help her, my friend always looks at me saying leave her alone and dont help theres nothin wrong with the floor...

so thats why im always around small details and baby steps and memories ....
Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

that's the difference between lovers and careless breeders who are looking for money only.
no you aren't obsessed, every dog owner does the same, your puppy thinks you are the greatest guy in the whole world, well or ill he will love you forever and never forget you if you leave him for a couple of hours and the only way he may forget you is if he found someone better than you with him. Enjoy him as much as you can and never feel weird because you love him too much and ignore everyone who says you are too obsessed with him.

"Vicky" 11/4/2014 (how to live without her?)
Maxil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil View Post
that's the difference between lovers and careless breeders who are looking for money only.
no you aren't obsessed, every dog owner does the same, your puppy thinks you are the greatest guy in the whole world, well or ill he will love you forever and never forget you if you leave him for a couple of hours and the only way he may forget you is if he found someone better than you with him. Enjoy him as much as you can and never feel weird because you love him too much and ignore everyone who says you are too obsessed with him.
for me my obsession comes for some reason, i adore my dogs put my biggest obsession is the new puppy i got. the owner didnt want her and shes like 6-7 weeks im not sure and when i took her i showed her to the vet she had bite marks on the head so i got really obsessed and attached to her and dont feel i wanna leave her for 1 sec
Old 07-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

You are not alone.... I gotta go out of the country for a month sometime this year and im worried sick about it.... ;(
Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyMDBecker View Post
Same here no one else gives him as much attention as I do so I feel like he's going to be bored and lonely
Old 07-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil View Post
My mom always tells me I'm too attached to him and he's only a dog and I get so angry because he's not just a dog to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.