German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Am I being overly obsessed or..? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/467721-am-i-being-overly-obsessed.html)

Hunter4628 07-06-2014 08:37 PM

Am I being overly obsessed or..?

I always have anxiety leaving my dog at home when I go places, I feel like he misses me and I feel like he thinks I'm abandoning him! I'm going away on vaca for a week and idk how I can deal with leaving him with family, I just worry so much about him when I'm not with him that makes me not enjoy what I'm doing.. I miss him so much!Would you say this is overly obsessed?

steve-sh 07-06-2014 08:42 PM

for me, i cant say it. im in the same situation that ur in and if i tell u that yes u r then that makes me over obsessed too :P

but yeah i think we r for the past 4 days now i brought all my work home so i could stay near her and not go to the office :D

Jake and Elwood 07-06-2014 08:43 PM

I don't have an answer but am anxious to hear from the experts. I share the same anxiety regarding leaving my dog for more than a few hours. How can we ensure our pups are prepared to deal with the separation?

CindyMDBecker 07-06-2014 08:48 PM

I am the EXACT same way. (sigh) I guess you could say we're obsessive. I live for my animals and hate when they can't come with me. I worry what they think when I'm gone too long. I don't think anyone will take care of them to my standards so that always upsets me. Soooooo I usually bring them on the trip. Husband doesn't always appreciate the extra "work" but oh well! :)

steve-sh 07-06-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyMDBecker (Post 5739785)
I am the EXACT same way. (sigh) I guess you could say we're obsessive. I live for my animals and hate when they can't come with me. I worry what they think when I'm gone too long. I don't think anyone will take care of them to my standards so that always upsets me. Soooooo I usually bring them on the trip. Husband doesn't always appreciate the extra "work" but oh well! :)

exactly my point. like sometimes my little puppy tries to jump up the sofa and i help her, my friend always looks at me saying leave her alone and dont help theres nothin wrong with the floor...

so thats why im always around small details and baby steps and memories ....

Maxil 07-06-2014 08:57 PM

that's the difference between lovers and careless breeders who are looking for money only.
no you aren't obsessed, every dog owner does the same, your puppy thinks you are the greatest guy in the whole world, well or ill he will love you forever and never forget you if you leave him for a couple of hours and the only way he may forget you is if he found someone better than you with him. Enjoy him as much as you can and never feel weird because you love him too much and ignore everyone who says you are too obsessed with him.

steve-sh 07-06-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxil (Post 5739825)
that's the difference between lovers and careless breeders who are looking for money only.
no you aren't obsessed, every dog owner does the same, your puppy thinks you are the greatest guy in the whole world, well or ill he will love you forever and never forget you if you leave him for a couple of hours and the only way he may forget you is if he found someone better than you with him. Enjoy him as much as you can and never feel weird because you love him too much and ignore everyone who says you are too obsessed with him.

for me my obsession comes for some reason, i adore my dogs put my biggest obsession is the new puppy i got. the owner didnt want her and shes like 6-7 weeks im not sure and when i took her i showed her to the vet she had bite marks on the head so i got really obsessed and attached to her and dont feel i wanna leave her for 1 sec

Ace GSD 07-06-2014 09:12 PM

You are not alone.... I gotta go out of the country for a month sometime this year and im worried sick about it.... ;(

Hunter4628 07-06-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyMDBecker (Post 5739785)

Same here no one else gives him as much attention as I do so I feel like he's going to be bored and lonely

Hunter4628 07-06-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxil (Post 5739825)

My mom always tells me I'm too attached to him and he's only a dog and I get so angry because he's not just a dog to me! :(