German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   sad puppy?:( (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/467113-sad-puppy.html)

Hunter4628 07-04-2014 08:29 PM

sad puppy?:(

So my dog has been acting strange for the past 2 days. He doesn't play that much and always wants to sleep. He doesn't get up when I call him anymore and he doesn't like to run for his ball.. He doesn't eat his dog food when normally he eats it all up in like minutes! Now he just walks away after smelling it. He doesn't seem himself and I'm worried. But one of my family members keep telling me maybe because of the weather? Summer started and it's been in the 90s. Could that be it? Is it the heat? I leave fresh cold water out for him too..and he didn't even poop today!!! Uggh Never thought I would say this but I miss my hyper boy!!:(

llombardo 07-04-2014 08:31 PM

My oldest non GSD is doing the same thing. I'm keeping an eye on her, she is 10.

lalachka 07-04-2014 08:33 PM

Will he eat something tasty? Like something he'd usually go crazy for? If not then I'd worry

Hunter4628 07-04-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalachka (Post 5731497)
Will he eat something tasty? Like something he'd usually go crazy for? If not then I'd worry

Yes! He almost bit my finger giving him some chicken. I don't want him to get use to eating chicken instead of dog food so I didn't give him much..

Hunter4628 07-04-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llombardo (Post 5731465)
My oldest non GSD is doing the same thing. I'm keeping an eye on her, she is 10.

Aw I hope everything turns out well:)

llombardo 07-04-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter4628 (Post 5731521)
Aw I hope everything turns out well:)

She might not want her dog food, but she had no problem eating some liver. I'm hoping its a case of her being the princess she is.

Hunter4628 07-04-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llombardo (Post 5731537)
She might not want her dog food, but she had no problem eating some liver. I'm hoping its a case of her being the princess she is.

Same here! Feed him some freeze livers and he ate it. But I did not change his dog food so I don't know why the sudden change he's having. I'm glad he is eating food though but the way he's been acting makes me concerned

sehrgutcsg 07-04-2014 08:48 PM

If, Hunter does not do back flips when you go to grab your keys, leash and his collar, he needs a doggy psychologist... Your concerns are valid in my opinion.

At one year old, he should be bouncing off the walls. It's warm in S. California. I grab the leash and it's the tail from Tasmania whooping around. I cannot even connect the leash, she is so rambunctious. :wub:

SGCSG

Hunter4628 07-04-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sehrgutcsg (Post 5731625)
If, Hunter does not do back flips when you go to grab your keys, leash and his collar, he needs a doggy psychologist... Your concerns are valid in my opinion.

At one year old, he should be bouncing off the walls. It's warm in S. California. I grab the leash and it's the tail from Tasmania whooping around. I cannot even connect the leash, she is so rambunctious. :wub:

SGCSG

Hm. Yeah usually when he hears keys jingling and his leash he gets right up but today I had to walk to him put his leash and tell him
Let's go.

sehrgutcsg 07-04-2014 09:01 PM

See if his ears are red. Feel that his nose is wet and cold. Give him until Monday and if not incubate.. lol

SGCSG