German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Dog people vs. Regular people (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/466617-dog-people-vs-regular-people.html)

Zeeva 07-03-2014 02:29 AM

Dog people vs. Regular people

Do you see any differences between dog people (people who own dogs/pets and treat them well) vs. regular people (people who do not own any dogs/pets)?

The only thing I could really think of is that IME regular people have much cleaner homes...but I don't have very much experience with people who own dogs...

Charlie W 07-03-2014 04:53 AM

We have two large dogs in the house and it doesn't smell "doggy" the price I pay though, is that I vacuum every day as opposed to once a week for my non doggie friends. Luckily our house is small so it doesn't take long! My non-animal owning friends just seem to have more time.. I get home from work and have to walk dogs and feed horses, they just get to sit and relax. On days when the weather is bad, they get to stay in and I still have to go out, but I actually see that as a positive thing..

The main difference between my pet-owning and non-pet owning friends is that the latter just don't get it!

GSxOwner 07-04-2014 05:03 AM

I find dog people view their dogs as friends or family...and to non dog people they are "just dogs".

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

lauren43 07-04-2014 05:19 AM

Yep I have to agree with the not getting it part. Even my parents who have a dog they love "don't get it"...

There is something different ingrained in us true dog ppl.

misslesleedavis1 07-04-2014 08:30 AM

My house is really clean, my dogs live in the fully finished basement, there space get vacd everyday and their bedding is done on Saturdays, their crates are washed down everyday now (summer dirt) my upstairs gets vacuumed/moped/dusted everyday except on sundays. I guess my basement does have a less then desirable odor but I have 3 dogs so...ohwell.

lalachka 07-04-2014 12:19 PM

70 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 5729138)
My house is really clean, my dogs live in the fully finished basement, there space get vacd everyday and their bedding is done on Saturdays, their crates are washed down everyday now (summer dirt) my upstairs gets vacuumed/moped/dusted everyday except on sundays. I guess my basement does have a less then desirable odor but I have 3 dogs so...ohwell.

I got tired reading this.

I clean when I feel like it (not often), my bed has dirt in it that my dog brings from the park. It's all worth it. I stopped letting him in bed for a week and I didn't like it.

But I wasn't into cleaning before I got him too. I keep my apt uncluttered but that's about it.

wolfy dog 07-04-2014 12:30 PM

Sometimes I envy my friends without dogs for the all ready mentioned reasons. But only when I am tired or are stressed for some reason. But two days without dogs is starting to wear on me on dogless vacations.
Regarding the dirt; I don't care. I vacuum when the dust bunnies are starting to ask for food. I know my house doesn't smell doggy like (my honest friends confirmed), because they are the ones who are clean, raw fed and healthy.

GSxOwner 07-04-2014 12:38 PM

Wow am I ever happy to hear im not the only one who vacuums so much! Lol.

dogfaeries 07-04-2014 12:42 PM

I have to vacuum everyday too. With 3 GSDs and a teeny tiny house, the hair would carry me away if I didn't. I don't have carpet in my house, so I can see the hair on the floor. It's pretty scary!

I always seem to have someone in the process of blowing coat, so it's never ending...

misslesleedavis1 07-04-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalachka (Post 5729969)
I got tired reading this.

I clean when I feel like it (not often), my bed has dirt in it that my dog brings from the park. It's all worth it. I stopped letting him in bed for a week and I didn't like it.

But I wasn't into cleaning before I got him too. I keep my apt uncluttered but that's about it.

Im pretty tired too, 3 dogs, 3 teenage boys and I own my own business