German Shepherds Forum banner

Any ideas on what my pup is mixed with?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  DavidT 
#1 ·
I got my little Machk a little while ago. I was told he was a "mid content wolfdog", but the woman didn't know what all he was mixed with. He has double rear dew claws, which from what I understand only a handful of breeds have. I put pics up of him from the day I got him to now. He's about 15 weeks old now. I thought he looked a little bit like a GSD. I don't really care what he is, I love him to death anyway, just thought I'd try and get someone elses opinion.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Dylan, I found this site regarding "mid content wolfdogs" and noticed that they stated at the bottom of the page that they will phenotype your dog if you want to find out if it's a mid content wolfdog. Here's the link: Mid Content Wolfdogs - Wolf-dog Education... I don't know anything about the site or wolfdogs, but I thought the info might help. Good luck!

#9 ·
I am sorry if this sounds offensive, but it is something that is really curious to me: what possessed you to get a wolf dog? I mean, did you go looking specifically for a wolf-dog? What is it that you like about or want it for?

#10 ·
Akita mixed with a small breed dog.
If indeed Akita, watch for dog aggression when mature, but sweeties with their families.

Also I have to agree with Selzer as to why anyone would want a wolf dog, They are illegal in many areas, and who would want an unpredictable possibly dangerous dog?

#11 ·
I didn't necessarily go looking specifically for a wolfdog, but when I saw the ad for the pups, I couldn't pass it up. Of course I did my research on proper care for him because I understand it's different than raising an ordinary dog. But I was up for the challenge, so I bought him. I checked out that site, but I can't find anything on phenotyping him for me. I appreciate it though :) I thought I saw Collie too, but there's so many possibilities as to what he can be and I'm not that skilled in phenotyping I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

#13 ·
From what I can tell he doesn't look like a wolf pup to me. Looks like a Border Collie/Shetland Sheepdog cross Akita?? Regardless, he's adorable! :wub: I hope he's not a wolf hybrid as I hear they are a challenging animal to live with, not like a dog at all, more like a dingo, with special needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.