German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Blue Buffalo (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/465105-blue-buffalo.html)

armauro 06-28-2014 06:47 PM

Blue Buffalo

Any one using this food- my wife meets a woman with a plush coay gsd that swears that her dog does not shed due to the food.
My guys are on Acana and also raw and they shed more than enough hair.
Curious if there is any validity to her claim.

kr16 06-28-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armauro (Post 5704713)
Any one using this food- my wife meets a woman with a plush coay gsd that swears that her dog does not shed due to the food.
My guys are on Acana and also raw and they shed more than enough hair.
Curious if there is any validity to her claim.

No validity what so ever. Others can get more into detail. What your feeding IMO blows away anything Blue makes.

Ace GSD 06-28-2014 07:10 PM

I dont know about not shedding but the food cost me $200 cause my puppy got sick from it.

lauren43 06-28-2014 08:08 PM

I highly doubt it's the food. Blue is def not my fav company.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Athena'sMom 06-28-2014 09:15 PM

I love Blue's food personally! But my long coat german shepherd still sheds!! WOWZER it is summer and she sheds. Her coat is super shiny and she looks great but umm she still sheds quite a bit!

Thewretched 06-28-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kr16 (Post 5704737)
No validity what so ever. Others can get more into detail. What your feeding IMO blows away anything Blue makes.

Basically this.

Sent from Petguide.com Free Appc

asja 06-28-2014 11:39 PM

Some plush coats do not have much undercoat, and hence don't shed as much. My two short coated dogs shed way more than my long-coated ever did, and even though she had more hair, she didn't have much undercoat.

Acana and raw is much better than Blue Buffalo.

Jmoore728 06-28-2014 11:51 PM

I wish someone offered Acana where I live. I've had my 9 month old male on a Blue Buffalo since 10 weeks. Haven't had any problems with it, but if Acana is much better, I wouldn't hesitate.

Can it be purchased online without paying crazy shipping costs? Who carries it?

Breitbach343 06-28-2014 11:56 PM

look into Nulo. I feed my GSD and Great Dane Nulo and have had nothing but great results. My Great Dane has always had soft stool but after the switch its nice and firm. Our GSD had really bad UTI problems as a puppy so we have to watch what we feed her. That stuff is awesome. spendy but along the same price as BB and totally worth it.

armauro 06-29-2014 04:32 AM

JMoore- check out petfooddirect- they carry acana and orijen- orders over $49 are shipped free- their prices are a couple of $ higher than what I get it for locally