Moving Overseas. Advice, Thoughts & Recommendations? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

They have to come as cargo, but they can be cargo in the belly of your plane. You can fly united from USA to Dubai and they have a price sheet for live animals if you Google it.

It states 71 - 100 lb animals are $1039 and 101 - 150 lb $1539. Those prices are specific to US to Dubai flights.

I am sure you could obtain the same info for other airlines, that was just the results of a quick search. Good luck!

Cam

Last edited by flyfisher22; 06-11-2014 at 03:36 PM.
flyfisher22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 05:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Member

I'm all ears, no experience to share but, next year I'm returning USA (fingers crossed) and bring my 7 yo minpin with me. Will she be quarantined??. How can I find info about bringing dog to States??. Thanks

Sent from KenzoPad

My Kenzo 07/2007-11/2008 RIP My Baby Boy

Laila Pester-ella (the evil minpin) DOB:11/2007

VALIUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

I brought my Huntaway and English pointer over from NZ to the UK. They got custom made carriers and weren't able to travel on the same plane as me. It was 9 years ago and the flights alone cost over 3000 for both dogs and two cats but that included kennelling and handling the veterinary paperwork. It was incredibly stressful and waiting to pick them up from airport cargo was the longest wait ever.
If your employer knows a company, they have a good reputation and their employees have used it in the past I would go with them. Unfortunately it is going to cost a lot but it can't be helped. I couldn't of left them behind. We had no money and I took out a loan to pay for it but I wouldn't have it any other way. I really think when you get a dog you make a commitment to it and only in very extreme circumstances should that commitment be broken.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Amurphy26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALIUM View Post
I'm all ears, no experience to share but, next year I'm returning USA (fingers crossed) and bring my 7 yo minpin with me. Will she be quarantined??. How can I find info about bringing dog to States??. Thanks

Sent from KenzoPad
This was 2 years ago.. coming from Germany but. It was very easy to bring a dog back into the states. All I had to have was current rabies certificate and a travel vet visit/record review.. which was basically his records with a signed form from the vet saying he was good to go... from within 10 days of arrival into the U.S.

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoung2153 View Post
This was 2 years ago.. coming from Germany but. It was very easy to bring a dog back into the states. All I had to have was current rabies certificate and a travel vet visit/record review.. which was basically his records with a signed form from the vet saying he was good to go... from within 10 days of arrival into the U.S.

Thank you😉

Sent from KenzoPad

My Kenzo 07/2007-11/2008 RIP My Baby Boy

Laila Pester-ella (the evil minpin) DOB:11/2007

VALIUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.