German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Need recommendations for INDESTRUCTIBLE toys/chews (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/454322-need-recommendations-indestructible-toys-chews.html)

0pusX 05-26-2014 08:21 PM

Need recommendations for INDESTRUCTIBLE toys/chews

I've tried everything. Even the Elk Antlers only last us a day or two before they are destroyed.

Has anyone had any luck finding a good quality toy/chew that their dog doesn't dismantle with a few hours or days?

Thanks!!

Discoetheque 05-26-2014 08:25 PM

Nylabone Durachew Souper Textured Ring

Suburbandiva 05-26-2014 08:27 PM

Our Westpaw design zogoflex toys last pretty long (months) before they are destroyed, and they will replace the first destroyed toy for free. In fact, Revy just finally chewed the Bumi in half yesterday after having it since Christmas.

Revy destroys most of her toys within 24 hours, so the Zogoflex ones are like magic. Also- the Chewber frisbee has lasted quite a long time, too, but she doesn't really use it for chewing.

SuperG 05-26-2014 08:30 PM

My pooch digs the frisbee...the Kong frisbee even though it's not a frisbee that floats...unless there is a headwind...has definitely outlasted the previous versions. However, she backed off on the "chewing the B" because it doesn't fly as much if she's chewing on it....

Also...how old is the dog?

SuperG

Jax08 05-26-2014 08:55 PM

My dogs love the Ruffwear toys and don't destroy them.

Mikelia 05-26-2014 09:07 PM

Orbee balls and nylabone galileo. My dogs destroy the west paw toys and kong toys. I have a chewber Frisbee that has held up but I don't allow them to lay down with it.

Juliem24 05-27-2014 12:51 AM

Kong makes a stick that actually lasted about 4 months....everything else was toast in 1-2 days. The jolly ball lasted 4 hours. Marrow bones-they last a long while, too, and they are WAY cheaper than toys!

llombardo 05-27-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliem24 (Post 5568474)
Kong makes a stick that actually lasted about 4 months....everything else was toast in 1-2 days. The jolly ball lasted 4 hours. Marrow bones-they last a long while, too, and they are WAY cheaper than toys!

I have had the exact opposite happen. The stick was broke in half within an hour and the jolly ball is still going strong after a year and 6 dogs.

llombardo 05-27-2014 01:27 AM

This toy has a lifetime guarantee...Dogs Go Nuts - Goughnuts. Jolly ball for horses, orbee balls and

0pusX 05-27-2014 03:45 AM

My dogs are 16 months old and 2 years old.

Every nylabone I've bought gets chewed up and they end up
Vomiting from them.

Soup bones last them a long time compared to ANY toy we've found.

I was looking at the West Paw toys too