German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Removing Dogs For Carpet Cleaners (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/451946-removing-dogs-carpet-cleaners.html)

Gharrissc 05-19-2014 07:40 PM

Removing Dogs For Carpet Cleaners

I've got the Stanley Steemer guys coming in on Wednesday, and wanted to know what some of you have done with the dogs in cases like this? They will more than likely just go to boarding for that day because there was some concern when they asked if I had dogs, and I said yes.

GatorBytes 05-19-2014 07:47 PM

I'd be more worried about the off-gassing from the cleaning chemicals

Chip18 05-19-2014 07:47 PM

Not really understanding the issue here? You seem to have found a solution that works?

Courtney 05-19-2014 07:49 PM

We had work done recently in the house. Crew of 4 guys. My husband set up Rusty's crate in the garage out of the way. It was nice out & he kept the garage door open. Rusty was fine. If he would not been crated he would have been under everyone's feet all day.

Gharrissc 05-19-2014 07:54 PM

There is no 'issue'. I was asking what others have done in this situation besides boarding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip18 (Post 5538714)
Not really understanding the issue here? You seem to have found a solution that works?

Chip18 05-19-2014 08:00 PM

Well you need to keep the dogs from being under foot. But the post about outgassing has some merit!
I do remember my high school teacher said his cats caught a respiratory infection from having his carpets cleaned !

Air out the house make sure the carpet is dry! Probably just crank up the heater before they come home will do it. :)

SummerGSDLover 05-19-2014 09:02 PM

When we have the carpet cleaners come, dogs are in crates in garage or I take them up to my dads.

*-*Summer*-*

Cassidy's Mom 05-20-2014 01:31 AM

We just put them in the garage pen, same as any time we leave the house. It only takes between an hour and an hour and a half for Stanley Steemer to move the furniture, clean, and then move the furniture back again, so there's not really any need to board for the day unless you don't have a secure place to keep your dogs during that time. The front door will be open for the duration, so that's an issue in addition to them being underfoot and in the way.

Rottendog 06-05-2014 05:23 PM

I just moved into a new house in Dec that still had workmen in and out until April. I crated my two active ones in their bedroom and closed the door. If they had work in the girls' room, then I moved them into my office till the guys were done. If I had a carpet cleaning going on, I would just move their crates to a room that wasn't carpeted and tell the workers to deal with the barking. After all, it is your dog's house too. :-) The carpet cleaners are just visiting!

AngelaA6 06-05-2014 07:04 PM

My dad's owns a carpet cleaning business and I would just put Gunther into either the Garage or in his crate in the office (no carpet in there). We try to do it on warmer days and he has a ton of fans to help dry out the carpet/pads.