German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Are People Crazy These Days? sell my dogs! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/448002-people-crazy-these-days-sell-my-dogs.html)

scarfish 05-08-2014 06:20 PM

Are People Crazy These Days? sell my dogs!

i been asked before during walks if my dog was for sale. didn't think much of it, the answer was always no. i just got stopped by a stranger while walking my 2 dogs a few minutes ago, a year and half old red sable and a 4 1/2 month old tan sable. this is the second time i have been stopped on the street and asked if my doges were for sale in the past 3 days. i said "no, these are my kids, nobody sells their kids".

has anyone else been asked if their dogs were for sale?

drosado 05-08-2014 06:40 PM

No, but we get stopped every time we walk the dogs with people complimenting them. We have had people stop their cars in the middle of the street! We have been asked if we were going to breed them.

CharlieB.Barkin 05-08-2014 06:49 PM

I've never had anyone ask me of they're for sale but I always get complements.

HarleyTheGSD 05-08-2014 06:52 PM

That is crazy!
No, that's never happened to me, but a guy did pull his truck over to the side of the road while I was walking Varick. He told me that his bitch just went into heat, and asked if I wanted to breed the two...just because they are both dark sables.

KHLOE 05-08-2014 07:21 PM

All the time people in my apartment complex ask if they can have my dog.... Not even offering money I would NEVER!!! It is annoying to me. But I guess it is a compliment. I have also had someone tell me they were going to steal my dog. that one worries me a bit.

Liz&Anna 05-08-2014 07:25 PM

LOL!!! A man in a toll booth by the bay bridge here in MD asked if my dog was for sell I laughed because I thought he was just making conversation, but he went on to say I could come back through if I changed my mind and that I knew where he worked ...I was like wow ... NO

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Msmaria 05-08-2014 07:39 PM

Nope, but if they did, it wouldn't bother me. I'd take it as a compliment.

McWeagle 05-08-2014 07:42 PM

Lol, take it as a compliment! We get lots of compliments while out for walks, but have never had anyone outright ask to buy my dog. However, I HAVE had many people say to me, "If you ever decide to get rid of her, I'll be happy to take her off your hands." Hahaha, yeah, right!

Msmaria 05-08-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McWeagle (Post 5493298)
Lol, take it as a compliment! We get lots of compliments while out for walks, but have never had anyone outright ask to buy my dog. However, I HAVE had many people say to me, "If you ever decide to get rid of her, I'll be happy to take her off your hands." Hahaha, yeah, right!

Just because they ask you doesnt mean you have to hand your dog over to them. Probably if the dog owner said yes I'm selling the other person wouldn't even be interested. Sometimes people just ask that question. Why? Who knows, maybe they even meant it as a compliment. Most sane people would ask where you got the dog, breeder ie. so yeah, I wouldn't be upset the person asked me, unless they were rude about it , or give it another thought.

JakodaCD OA 05-08-2014 08:08 PM

alot over the years..its flattering but not interested in selling my dogs:)