I hate people that don`t - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I hate people that don`t

We have this guy who lives around the corner from us.......,now there is only one way out of our cul-de-sac ,so this guy must walk passed our house every day at least 3 or 4 times,,,,,,When Zola was a pup,this guy went out his way to let us know that he disliked GSD so much,,he never has liked them and never will......it seems he has started to tell every one in our village that we keep a dangerous out of control dog,,( some people listen some don`t ) so why does he think that, you may be wondering,,,,,,well .some time he walks passed our house Zola gives him a piece of her mind, barking loudly at the window , we think she has picked up on the fact he hates her,for she doesn`t bark at every one...The other day while playing with our two boys I got a knock at the front door,,,it was a friend of this guy and he wasn`t in the mood for a friendly chat.You see,he lives behind us and had decided to come and tell me how much he is sick of hearing Zola barking,,all day and some nights he said,he didn`t like the fact she is left in the garden all day ( she isn`t ), she is left alone in the house when we go out ( never... she is always with us in the car ),AND he finished by saying ..." If you don`t shut her up.....I will "...............What a pile of poo he was talking..We called the police,..Why are people like this,why do they class GSD`s dangerous........this guy lives next to a couple who own little terriers who bark all day in the garden,I told him that and his reply was " yeah I do but you cannt call that barking "Now the guy who walks passed our house has chipped in....I hate people that don`t like GSD`s

Zola 2012-

Safzola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh I forgot to say ,we have now put a sign up on our back fence,just for the guy who came knocking to read.it reads.........NEVER MIND THE DOG.BEWARE OF THE OWNER.......Happy days

Zola 2012-

Old 05-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I hope the police took the threat seriously.
Bob_McBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

there's a few houses by me that always have barking dogs in the windows when me and my dogs walk by. it's annoying but i'm proud that my dogs don't even respond. i always wonder why people let their dos act like that. my first GSD never did that. my 2nd did at 8 to 9 weeks old. took a few firm NOs before he learned he can't do that.

any reason you can't raise your dogs properly and give all GSDs a bad name?

Last edited by scarfish; 05-03-2014 at 02:37 PM.
scarfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Before you let her out you may want to check your yard. You also may want to start a journal dating back to the first time this guy sounded off. You need to be careful. Time and date everytime you let her out (may sound far fetched but its something to fall back on) just keep a tight leash on what you do with her. Not everyone is a dog lover.
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Not defending any of your neighbors actions but...

Both my neighbors have annoying A Hole dogs bark bark bark all the time! The only time people know I have a dog is when they come to the front door or they actually see him!

A ticked off "unstable" neighbor in your back yard??? Not good don't give them an excuse!
Chip18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dogs don't even have to bark to be a huge nuisance. My neighbours behind have two huskies with littermate syndrome who basically live in their garden and run wild without any supervision. They don't bark, but they cry and whine and growl and do everything in their power to get my male to fence fight them any time he's outside. It's frustrating to have a nice big garden that's almost useless for basic training because of the constant high distraction level. I guess it's useful for proofing and working on reactivity I'm sometimes amazed at how well he handles himself with the two of them at the fence the whole time.
Bob_McBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfish View Post
there's a few houses by me that always have barking dogs in the windows when me and my dogs walk by. it's annoying but i'm proud that my dogs don't even respond. i always wonder why people let their dos act like that. my first GSD never did that. my 2nd did at 8 to 9 weeks old. took a few firm NOs before he learned he can't do that.

any reason you can't raise your dogs properly and give all GSDs a bad name?
Excuse me ? Any reason what ?

Zola 2012-

Old 05-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

The funny thing is,the guy who walks passed our house ,is himself breaking the law,,for he too has a dog but I have never seen him walk it on a lead , he walks it on the street ,by main roads and through play grounds but always off lead ,so I may approach him one day and ask nicely if he would stop bad mouthing our Zola and if his response is negative ,then I will quote him ...the road traffic act 1988,section 7 para 1 ,

Zola 2012-

Old 05-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip18 View Post
Not defending any of your neighbors actions but...

Both my neighbors have annoying A Hole dogs bark bark bark all the time! The only time people know I have a dog is when they come to the front door or they actually see him!

A ticked off "unstable" neighbor in your back yard??? Not good don't give them an excuse!
No we don`t,If Zola barks just once,if in the garden,shes straight back in the house..

Zola 2012-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.