German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Daily instructions to your dogs (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/445257-daily-instructions-your-dogs.html)

DWP 05-02-2014 08:47 AM

Daily instructions to your dogs

Every morning as I am leaving for work, I give our dogs their instructions. "Be good girls today. Keep an eye on Mamma." They both follow me to the garage and do not leave to go back to their beds until I have given them their instructions. Kinda funny.

It dawned on me this morning how silly this is, but what the hay.

lovemygirl 05-02-2014 09:26 AM

I did this (RIP Eva girl) too! "Be good. Keep that crazy cat off the window screens." Or "Be good for dad!" or "Dad will be back at ____ and I'll be home before you know it!" She'd lay her big beautiful head down after I got done telling her what her day entailed :)

Still do it. Have a little memorial set up on her couch, with her soft blanket and her collar and a prayer, and now I tell it to her collar and kiss her collar instead of her head :( :( :( :( :( Think she still hears me though. The cat is still staying off the window screens and the counters...

selzer 05-02-2014 09:55 PM

I tell them, "Take care of my house, girls, if anyone comes in, Bite them!" And then I always add, "except Dad."

When I leave them in the car, I will say, "Guard!" They have no idea what I want them to do by "guarding" but anyone that might be noticing, doesn't know that, and chances are pretty good they will bark.

shepherdmom 05-02-2014 10:33 PM

My husband always gives me crud for doing this but I do it all the time. :) The dogs just look at me like I'm nuts. :o

selzer 05-02-2014 10:51 PM

Yeah, when the JWs came the other day, Babsy was no help at all. Wuss! When the Mormon's came more than a decade ago, Frodo and Arwen at least gave them something to talk about to their friends.

mego 05-02-2014 11:16 PM

our ritual heading outside is I ask her to 'check the trees for me" and she runs a lap past each tree to flush out any squirrels that dared come in our yard

Kahrg4 05-02-2014 11:59 PM

I always say, "Be good boys! Mama loves you!"

Sarah~ 05-03-2014 12:51 AM

My stepdad always used to tell the family dog Shadow to watch the house, so now that's what I say to the dogs when I leave. "Be good puppies, watch the house" :)

llombardo 05-03-2014 01:52 AM

For years I tell mine "no peeing, pooping, or chewing " when I leave. I also tell them to have a good day I'll be back a little later....

Calea 05-04-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemygirl (Post 5461313)
I did this (RIP Eva girl) too! "Be good. Keep that crazy cat off the window screens." Or "Be good for dad!" or "Dad will be back at ____ and I'll be home before you know it!" She'd lay her big beautiful head down after I got done telling her what her day entailed :)

Still do it. Have a little memorial set up on her couch, with her soft blanket and her collar and a prayer, and now I tell it to her collar and kiss her collar instead of her head :( :( :( :( :( Think she still hears me though. The cat is still staying off the window screens and the counters...

Your post made me cry. I\'m sorry you lost your baby.

My girl follows me to the back door when I leave and I say, "Mommy will be right back. You stay and wait." As I\'m driving out I see her in the front window watching me leave. I always wave to her! lol When I get back, there she is...watching out the front window. <3