Attacked by at large Pit Bull (hidden under guise of Dogo Argentino) - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanketback View Post
Liability of owner, 2(1):
The owner of a dog is liable for damages resulting from a bite or attack by the dog on another person or domestic animal
Offences, 18(3):
If a person is convicted of an offence under this Act, the court making the conviction may, in addition to any other penalty, order the person convicted to make compensation or restitution in relation to the offence

https://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/st...es_90d16_e.htm

The owner will have to find that kind of money. Maybe they should have thought of that before their dog was allowed access to the front door?
I would have to sue them
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you guys are ok! I'm glad your dog fought back, lots of times dogs are just severely beaten by pit bulls. I don't mind the pit bull as a breed, I've owned them, but they are not for everybody. Problem is everybody breeds them with no thought on nerves or anything, and everybody is able to buy them and things like this happen. They are known to be dog aggressive, so you have to take precautions when owning them.this is why they are being banned now! Irresponsible ownership! I'm sorry you're a victim to this and I hope it works out in your favor.
cltyus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I know some lawyers will give 30 min. consultations for free - why not see what they have to say? And using a chain, rather than a proper leash with a secure handle? Seriously?! This is only going to get worse.
Blanketback is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
sorry about that , got one part of the information wrong. It was not in the GTA , the incident happened in Ottawa area . Here is the newspaper coverage https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=cr&ei=...fe=off&tbm=nws

the dog has been euthanized.
Barbara Kay: If you can only love a pit bull, you don?t really love dogs | National Post
Why would someone offer to rehab a dog that bites a child then go ahead and put a child in harms way.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanketback View Post
I know some lawyers will give 30 min. consultations for free - why not see what they have to say? And using a chain, rather than a proper leash with a secure handle? Seriously?! This is only going to get worse.
Problem here too is the dog does not have a secure yard, open door and hook it to a chain...where I live to the location of dog is barely 5 min walk...

I go out my door, cross rd. through a school parking lot, down a small street (3houses on either side), cross rd. library, house where dog lives.

The dog has to go. I don't have a secure yard, so we're not safe on my deck
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Old 05-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you guys will be OK. I have also been there. My best boy Mac [RIP] was attacked on my property. His front legs ended up in stitches with full leg bandages. Pit bull died from his wounds. It's a long story and it was years ago before people were really taking notice of the worst type of dunderheads that were breeding for the cruelest insanity of the pit fights. Too bad the breed suffers from this. I hope you get what you want. Don't let the pit bull owner rest.

Last edited by HOBY; 05-01-2014 at 12:21 PM.
HOBY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
Yes - Public Health left the dog with the owners (after speaking with the woman who said she would fax them the info they got from the rescue in montreal) and "observing" the dog, (brought out to the street on a chain), whilst secure in his car away from any threat...he deemed the dog healthy, not rabid and will return in 10 days.

Not 3 blocks, just one good size block (a square), about a 10 min walk around

I would seriously get a lawyer involved. I tell you why. This dog will get loose and do it again, but next time, it may be a kid and that's not going to end well. You have the chance to do something about it right now. I would get a lawyer and get him or her involved with the authorities and get that dog picked up and properly quarantined until your suit gets settled.
jafo220 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Absolutely! There's no way I'd want that kind of attacking dog loose in my neighborhood either. If people want to manage these dogs, then go ahead. If people want to own these dogs with zero responsibility involved on their part...bleep that!!!
Blanketback is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master Member

these are just human deaths and harm by dogs. i can't find any statistics on dog on dog deaths and harm by breed. i'm sure it's a **** of a lot more.
scarfish is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I appreciate every ones comments, however, I don't want to live in fear of retaliation...I was told the Health Inspector would bring SPCA with him and was hoping they would deem the dog banned, held in custody at owners expense, with the requirements to prove the dog is not a Pit Bull. Easy, as the reason PH got involved was bite report from hospital.

He didn't bother bringing SPCA. Now the onus lies on me. That now makes me the bad guy.

I don't want to live in fear, either way, dog or human.

I have a Witness #
she was horrified and in tears as she watched what happened, she drove and tracked me down as we walked home after incident. She offered me an alcohol wipe to clean my hand.

She suggested rescue remedy for me and g (so cute and ironic re: natural remedies)

Maybe she could report
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.