Attacked by at large Pit Bull (hidden under guise of Dogo Argentino) - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

GatorBytes, you know you have the law on your side here. With our DOLA on the books in ON, this dog is in serious trouble. For the dog to target Gator like that, also injuring you, is unacceptable.
Blanketback is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
get a lawyer - even a highprofile ambulance chaser - these guys need to take responsibility for their out and out negligence!

So tired of all the people who will defend these nutcase bred dogs to death.....

Lee
I am miffed by a rescue who skews a breed in order to adopt it out to a province it is banned.

The owners say they have had this dog for 6 months. It is 3-5yrs. old..."troubled" as they put it...a "runner" as they put it.

They were high (just finished a joint - 10am) when I showed at their door to discuss compensation for my injuries and Gators.

I said the brace on my hand is $25, my meds are $25....the woman said, oh, we can help you with that...Then I said if I cannot work this weekend I am out this ___amount of $$$
He pipes up and says...oh well I don't that kind of money!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Member

I HATE PITBULLS! i'm sorry to any pitbull owners out there. i just can't stand that breed.
scarfish is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
No Carmen. But news like that makes me think I best take this a step further.

The "Public Health Inspector" (joke), went out today to issue quarantine of the dog on their premises (rented) - not fenced and left without rabies certification under the promise it would be faxed later when they find. Dog is from Montreal (hence *guise* in my title).

He observed the dog FROM HIS CAR and determined it healthy
First of all, sorry this happened to you and Gator. Second, I hope you and Gator a speedy recovery. Third, heck yeh you should take every necessary step forward until they are all exhausted!

OK, I hope I read your current post wrong. But did they actually leave this dog on it's premises? If they did, big mistake. Big mistake. This dog ran three blocks to attack you. This dog should be confiscated immediately. It could have easily been a young child instead of you. If this is the case, I would be living on the phone with the authorities trying to get this dog picked up.
jafo220 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanketback View Post
GatorBytes, you know you have the law on your side here. With our DOLA on the books in ON, this dog is in serious trouble. For the dog to target Gator like that, also injuring you, is unacceptable.
Not dog to dog - it'll be a muzzle order. Which will not protect when the stoners greet friends and dog books it out the door
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Liability of owner, 2(1):
The owner of a dog is liable for damages resulting from a bite or attack by the dog on another person or domestic animal
Offences, 18(3):
If a person is convicted of an offence under this Act, the court making the conviction may, in addition to any other penalty, order the person convicted to make compensation or restitution in relation to the offence

https://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/st...es_90d16_e.htm

The owner will have to find that kind of money. Maybe they should have thought of that before their dog was allowed access to the front door?

Last edited by Blanketback; 05-01-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Blanketback is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
I am miffed by a rescue who skews a breed in order to adopt it out to a province it is banned.

The owners say they have had this dog for 6 months. It is 3-5yrs. old..."troubled" as they put it...a "runner" as they put it.

They were high (just finished a joint - 10am) when I showed at their door to discuss compensation for my injuries and Gators.

I said the brace on my hand is $25, my meds are $25....the woman said, oh, we can help you with that...Then I said if I cannot work this weekend I am out this ___amount of $$$
He pipes up and says...oh well I don't that kind of money!

Wow, just wow. You do realize what your dealing with? I wouldn't confront them any further. As has been suggested, get a good lawyer and own everything they have and will or would have had. I would also let the authorities know what they are dealing with and they better grab that dog before it disappears and reappears somewhere else.
jafo220 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanketback View Post
This. You have the law and yes this dog will be in trouble but if its casually goes away this dog could be put in a home and do it again.

Some rescues are skewed.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
misslesleedavis1 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Also, I hope your hand and dog is okay

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
misslesleedavis1 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo220 View Post
First of all, sorry this happened to you and Gator. Second, I hope you and Gator a speedy recovery. Third, heck yeh you should take every necessary step forward until they are all exhausted!

OK, I hope I read your current post wrong. But did they actually leave this dog on it's premises? If they did, big mistake. Big mistake. This dog ran three blocks to attack you. This dog should be confiscated immediately. It could have easily been a young child instead of you. If this is the case, I would be living on the phone with the authorities trying to get this dog picked up.

Yes - Public Health left the dog with the owners (after speaking with the woman who said she would fax them the info they got from the rescue in montreal) and "observing" the dog, (brought out to the street on a chain), whilst secure in his car away from any threat...he deemed the dog healthy, not rabid and will return in 10 days.

Not 3 blocks, just one good size block (a square), about a 10 min walk around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.