German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Heavy footed pup... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/444722-heavy-footed-pup.html)

SoCal Rebell 04-30-2014 08:50 PM

Heavy footed pup...

...I've lived in my home for 18 years, it's had 3 GSD's, 1st on arrived at about 2 years old, 2nd spent his life here since 10 weeks old. I live in a home that is at least 2 feet off the ground at its lowest point, has wooden planks as floors and carpeting and insulation. When my 5 and a half month old walks I can hear him coming 2 rooms away. It's kind of cluck, clunk, clunk and there he is. I remember my last few GSDs being more stealthy, anyone have this happen? If so why?

SunCzarina 04-30-2014 10:25 PM

LOL he's a puppy, he isn't sure what his feet are doing. My 90lb beast of a DDR all the noise I hear from him is a slight jingle of his tags. Venus? You'd think there's a herd of wildebeest in the house. Wait there are, some people call them children...

ZoeD1217 04-30-2014 10:56 PM

Lol! Zoe walks quietly but drops to the floor like dead weight. Sometimes I'm scared she will hurt herself she drops so hard.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

lennyb 04-30-2014 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=ZoeD1217;5455618]Lol! Zoe walks quietly but drops to the floor like dead weight. Sometimes I'm scared she will hurt herself she drops so hard.

Lol..my bandit does the same thing. Should have named him plopper.

TigervTeMar 04-30-2014 11:03 PM

my guy was about 4 months when I took him to see my mom. she said it sounded like a horse was running around the place

SoCal Rebell 05-01-2014 12:37 AM

Yeah my wife thought I shoulda a named him "thumper" :D

Ellimaybel 05-01-2014 01:08 AM

That's cute :) Gunther trips over his own feet from time to time. I'm worried he's going to break something one day. It's cute when they are in the phase where they are learning how to manage their own bulk and weight. Gunther used to hit his head on the underside of the coffee table every single time he got off of the couch. Sometimes when he shakes his toy he bonks his head into the piano or wall. I worry a little less each day.

Tratkins 05-01-2014 01:54 AM

[quote=lennyb;5455658]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeD1217 (Post 5455618)
Lol! Zoe walks quietly but drops to the floor like dead weight. Sometimes I'm scared she will hurt herself she drops so hard.

Lol..my bandit does the same thing. Should have named him plopper.

Our boy too! Instead of teaching the command "down", maybe we should use "plop" because that is exactly what he does.

As for the heavy walking...I always know when our 5 month sneaks upstairs because he stomps louder than the kids!

petite 05-01-2014 10:29 AM

[quote=Tratkins;5455994]
Quote:

Originally Posted by lennyb (Post 5455658)

Our boy too! Instead of teaching the command "down", maybe we should use "plop" because that is exactly what he does.

As for the heavy walking...I always know when our 5 month sneaks upstairs because he stomps louder than the kids!

I'm glad Fawn isn't the only pup who plops! When I ask her for a "down" she throws herself on the floor like she's hitting the deck. :D

Eiros 05-01-2014 10:53 AM

LOL!!! These responses are hilarious!

My pup is the same though... He throws himself to the ground with a PLOP! He's pretty quiet but if he's playing or romping around, it's like a herd of elephants! :eek::wild: