German Shepherds Forum banner

Kiddie Pool

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  namvet4 
#1 ·
Does anyone have vinyl bottom kiddie pool? Im looking specifically at the one at walmart with the inflatable rim. Am I being too naive to think the inflatable part wont get chewed on and the vinyl bottom wont be torn?

The hard plastic pools look too shallow for a 100lb dog, but looking through old threads it seems that is the pool of choice around here.

#7 ·
:laugh:Ah yes, the drain.

Blew that part of the equation since most of the kiddie pools don't come with so I ended up using some HomeDepot plumbing goodies and made my own. Cut a round hole in the side of the tub just above the floor and then cut a short 2" length of 1" PVC and just stuck capped both ends with those round PVC caps. I used some waterproof goop around the hole. It's not pretty but it works.

#11 ·
Walmart sells a 5' round pool with a ladder slide and a drain plug, it should be less than $40. A cheap hose with the connector chopped off will fit right through the hole with very little leakage, instant fill and drain. Just make sure you don't chop off the end that connects it to the spout.

It's deep enough that Otto can get in there and splash around without throwing all the water around. We had another one before this, lasted about 6 years of my children using it and Morgan soaking in it. Venus likes it with or without water...

#12 ·
I took the advice of the forum and got the el cheapo pool from toys r us.....its perfect!

Its 90+ outside these days and that water is hot. Has anyone come up w/ any out of the box ideas to keep the water as cool as possible?

Its in the woods and shaded all day. Im wondering if i dig a hole for it will it stay cooler?

any ideas?

#17 ·
Delgado loves his pool, I rinse and fill it with fresh water and dump it after we're done. I don't like the thought of leaving it out there filled personally and by the time he's finished splashing and playing it's had treats, toys, grass, dirt and all sorts of things tracked through it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.