German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   "Prancing" around after eating (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/439865-prancing-around-after-eating.html)

wyoung2153 04-18-2014 08:55 AM

"Prancing" around after eating

Anyone else's dog get super happy after they eat?

Titan is a goof ball when he wants to be, mostly just very quiet and reserved inside (unless toys are present :p ) But recently I have noticed that after he eats, EVERYtime, he runs directly too me, all wiggle butt and tail wagging and circles in between my legs, rubs his face in my hands and is just plain happy! I think it's cute! I kinda like it, it's one of the few times a day (outside of when we train or play fetch) he actually ACTS super happy. :laugh:

BMWHillbilly 04-18-2014 09:38 AM

Mine want to wrestle each other and run after meals. Of course we don't allow that. They have about an hour down time after each meal. My greatest fear is bloat!

wyoung2153 04-18-2014 09:41 AM

Mine too! he doesn't get to play 1 hour before or 1 hour after eating.. but he sure wants some lovin! :wub:

Courtney 04-18-2014 10:57 AM

Rusty does this:) He has to find everyone in the house to tell them about his meal. It's hilarious.

wyoung2153 04-18-2014 11:04 AM

Haha.. it's so cute! I wonder what is going through their heads "Yay! that was so yummy! Thank you mom!!" Lol.

David Winners 04-18-2014 11:30 AM

When I first got Fama she was all serious all the time, even when getting rewarded with a ball or tug. She was always greed in her crate and left for an hour before going out to poop.

When we went to Arizona we stayed in a hotel room together and against the laws of my trainers, I didn't keep her in the crate at all. We just hung out together in the room after the long training days.

After a few days, I have her dinner in the bathroom and returned to the bed to watch Dexter. After a bit, I heard the clanking of her bowl on the tile floor as she cleaned it out. All of a sudden she came flying up over the edge of the bed and pounced on me. She hopped back, play bowed with a frisky growl and then pounced again, rubbing her face on my chest and growling.

It was like somebody snuck into the bathroom and replaced my dog with a 7 month old puppy.

It became our normal routine. After we had our own place in Afghanistan, I started leaving a Kong around for her to gnaw on. After dinner she would race around the room throwing the Kong around and then leap on me in bed.

I'm glad she lets her inner pup out sometimes.

David Winners

wyoung2153 04-18-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Winners (Post 5395169)
When I first got Fama she was all serious all the time, even when getting rewarded with a ball or tug. She was always greed in her crate and left for an hour before going out to poop.

When we went to Arizona we stayed in a hotel room together and against the laws of my trainers, I didn't keep her in the crate at all. We just hung out together in the room after the long training days.

After a few days, I have her dinner in the bathroom and returned to the bed to watch Dexter. After a bit, I heard the clanking of her bowl on the tile floor as she cleaned it out. All of a sudden she came flying up over the edge of the bed and pounced on me. She hopped back, play bowed with a frisky growl and then pounced again, rubbing her face on my chest and growling.

It was like somebody snuck into the bathroom and replaced my dog with a 7 month old puppy.

It became our normal routine. After we had our own place in Afghanistan, I started leaving a Kong around for her to gnaw on. After dinner she would race around the room throwing the Kong around and then leap on me in bed.

I'm glad she lets her inner pup out sometimes.

David Winners

That paints such a fun picture! I can play it all out in my head! I love seeing their play/goofy side come out :)