German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   how to remove hair from clothes? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/429562-how-remove-hair-clothes.html)

volcano 03-26-2014 01:25 AM

how to remove hair from clothes?

What are the best tools? The lint roller seems like a waste of time so whats better?

boomer11 03-26-2014 01:51 AM

Buy clothes that are anti static. Or use an anti static spray. Or wear clothes that aren't puffy and more smooth. Sweat pants and sweaters are hair magnets. If you wear all leather then dog hair won't stick. But in reality there is no way. Sometimes I pull a sweater out of a clean laundry basket and there's somehow already hair on it. When I wear a suit I don't let my dog anywhere near me.

SunCzarina 03-26-2014 09:29 AM

[edit - I had a picture of Static Guard but it was crazy big]

When I'm shopping, if I'm not sure of the fabric, I'll take a piece of fur off my clothes and see if it sticks before I buy it. Most of my work out/dog time/hang out pants are black and I own a ridiculous number of hoodies. Breath between sets at the gym, pick off the dog fur...

They're smart dogs, they learn quick if you're carrying the briefcase, don't rub all over you. It doesn't always translate though LOL. Otto knows if I'm wearing my full length wool topcoat, he is NOT to rub on me. Black wool is a fur magnet. My sons had to attend a couple functions last december so I bought them black wool pea coats, better than a ski jacket right? Not if a 9 year old boy is clowning around with a german shepherd while he's waiting for his siblings to get dressed!!!

Blanketback 03-26-2014 09:54 AM

Packing tape rolled around your hand, sticky side out, works much better than those rollers, IME. But I'm also very careful with my work/good clothes - my dog's crated before I get dressed, lol. I've given up the dream of a long cashmere coat and went with leather, lmao.

Shaolin 03-26-2014 10:47 AM

Lol. Imagine having a white dog and your uniform is black.

There's this lint roller they sell in the pet aisle of the grocery store here. It has what seems like heavy duty masking/packing tape and it works beautifully! I wish I remember what it was called, but I have a ton of them. The 3M rolls are crap, but this one comes in a green and blue wrapper and is almost two dollars cheaper than 3M.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Blanketback 03-26-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin (Post 5271282)

Not only that, imagine that those white hairs aren't nice fluffy GSD hairs that you can brush off yourself, but that they belong to an AmBull - tiny little bristles that weave right into the fabric. Oh wait, that's my reality....ugh, lol!

SunCzarina 03-26-2014 11:09 AM

Scotch packing tape makes a good lint roller. My clothes and carpets are mostly black and tan. Like my dogs.

Okin 03-26-2014 11:17 AM

I had a white dog that shed like nothing I have ever seen before. The very best thing I found are those tape lint rollers. You go through quite a bit of it but it is the only thing I have found that really works.

AKIRA3 03-26-2014 11:41 AM

Yep,,,,we have a lint roller in each room over here, and a surplus in the closet.

At some point one just gives up.
We always check each other before we hit the door for
Akira Hairs!!!

LaRen616 03-26-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin (Post 5271282)

There's this lint roller they sell in the pet aisle of the grocery store here. It has what seems like heavy duty masking/packing tape and it works beautifully! I wish I remember what it was called, but I have a ton of them. The 3M rolls are crap, but this one comes in a green and blue wrapper and is almost two dollars cheaper than 3M.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Imagine having a short haired white dog and a hairy black dog. Double whammy.

Oh and plus 4 white/black/orange/grey cats, one being long haired.