German Shepherds Forum banner

Clubs in Vancouver, WA Please?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SummerGSDLover 
#1 ·
Any GSD clubs in Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR that anyone is a member of? I really need some more things to do with my 7 month old. He's hit that butt head stage and it'd be nice to meet people in person who have or are going through it and are a part of different types of sports. Thanks.

*-*Summer*-*

#4 ·
I just moved from Portland to Idaho. While we lived in OR for 4 years, we did Search and Rescue with Nara through Search ONE K-9 Detection down in Tualatin. They focus on a lot of obedience and nose work for air scent, cadaver, tracking/trailing, etc. I was also a member of the Cascade Sled Dog Club with my 2 huskies. Even Nara, my GSD, would go bikejoring (think sled dogs pulling you on a bike or dog scooter instead of a sled for when there is no snow) with us to get the exercise needed for SAR and just general maintenance and overall health. Not sure what other types of groups you're interested in. I'm sure there are all sorts of dog sports in that area. If I can think of other ones, I'll let you know. Hope that helps.

#5 ·
I just remembered this club too:

The German Shepherd Dog Club of Oregon

Business Meetings start at 8PM - Socializing before that. We try to have the doors unlocked by 7:15-7:30. Our regular meeting place is the Clackamas Community Club. The location is easy to reach right across the road from the Clackamas Post Office, between SE 82nd Dr and I-205. Best of all, we will be able to bring well mannered dogs to the meetings.

Directions to meeting site:

From I-205 Take exit 12 heading east.
  • Turn left on 82nd Dr (first light east of freeway).
  • Make first left, immediately after the Denny's parking lot.
  • Go one block, turn right. Club is on left.
CLACKAMAS COMMUNITY CLUB
15711 SE 90th Ave, Clackamas

#8 ·
I think the Allgemeiner Hundesport Klub is the DVG club in Battle Ground that middleofnowhere mentioned. A friend of mine used to train with them.

And a hello from Portland/Beaverton :) I don't train with a club but remember the butt head stage well. Hang in there, you've got a few years left to go!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.