German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Bark Box or the like.. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/428722-bark-box-like.html)

wyoung2153 03-24-2014 10:06 AM

Bark Box or the like..

Just curious what people think about these and if they have good experiences with them, as in good value or not worth the money?

hunterisgreat 03-24-2014 10:07 AM

Please explain more what you mean

DJEtzel 03-24-2014 10:18 AM

I've never bought one, but I would like to.

the few people I know that have bought them really enjoy them and they are worth it most of the time! :)

misslesleedavis1 03-24-2014 10:19 AM

I have never got one, but i hear they are pretty cool.

wyoung2153 03-24-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterisgreat (Post 5258074)
Please explain more what you mean

Getting a Barkbox or a product like it.. where they send you monthly boxes of dog things..

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

wyoung2153 03-24-2014 11:20 AM

I hear good things about them too, just thought I check with all you guys :) I hear there are other ones too, just don't know what they are called.

Okin 03-24-2014 11:21 AM

My wife got bark box a few times. One of them was ok the rest were not good at all. It is really random what they send you. Sometimes some of the treats were pretty good other times they were junk but the toys were really bad from my experience. The best thing we got out of it was a rubber water bowl that holds maybe 10oz of water all of the toys were destroyed in seconds. My wife liked them because it was a surprise but I felt that they were never worth what you could get for the same amount of money at a pet store.

Blanketback 03-24-2014 11:24 AM

I'm super fussy about what my dog eats (his allergies, not to mention my skepticism over where the product comes from and what it's made of) and I'm just as fussy when it comes to toys - is it too small and become a choking hazard, will it be ingested, etc...so I couldn't use one of these things. But the box looks cool and I bet it would be fun to get one otherwise, lol.

angierose 03-24-2014 11:50 AM

I used to get them and they were usually a good value. Got several toys that have held up nicely, and the treats always gave us a nice variety for training. I stopped though when two months in a row they sent some of those smoked bones, which I don't consider safe. One was only a couple inches long and marked "for dogs under 20 pounds" despite my buying the large dog's box, and when I expressed concern they said that their research showed most large dogs don't have a problem if you're watching them. I decided to stop buying since they were sending things I wouldn't give my dogs. No problems with the toys though.

wyoung2153 03-24-2014 11:53 AM

I think that's the only part I think would be a waste.. the treats.. sinc ewe are now aware of his allergies, I doubt theywould cater to us. but they toys i'm sure Titan would be interested in. might provide toys I'd never thought of too.. I have such a hard time deciding on new toys that I always go with older ones. lol.