German Shepherds Forum banner

Dog door size.

10K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  llombardo 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I never even thought if looking at Home Depot for dog doors and I found one I like there. Thanks for posting a link for home depot

#7 ·
My very favorite dog door is the Endura Flap by Patio Pacific. I've had dog doors for over 20 years, and that is my very favorite, hands down. Living in Oklahoma where it is unbelievably windy most of the time, I got sick of the dog door flying open on it's own. The Endura door is rated to 50 mph. I've never ever had it blow open. (I shut the dog door during our tornado last May, though. Pretty sure it would have blown open during an F5 tornado, LOL! :p) It doesn't leak air, like a regular dog door either. It also has a higher aspect ratio too, which means it's longer and narrower than regular dog doors. It is noisier than my other dog doors. I can hear it snap back into place when they go in and out. That doesn't bother me, but it is a complaint that I've read.

I absolutely love it. I have the Large Single Flap. The opening is 10x19. Sounds small, but my 75 pound moose of a puppy goes through easily.

My dog door:

Oh, and a video about that dog door. Sorry, if I sound like a commercial, but I seriously love that dog door, LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=z2MJoeYARXI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.