German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Help determining my dogs breed... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/424458-help-determining-my-dogs-breed.html)

Hummingbird 03-14-2014 10:24 PM

Help determining my dogs breed...
 
4 Attachment(s)
On February 2nd, I adopted a 3 month old puppy. The Rescue I got her from estimated that she is a German Shepherd/Australian Shepherd mix. I have been getting others saying she's Belgian Malinois/German Shepherd mix. I would love to get more of a feedback on what her breed could be? She doesn't have a tail as her previous owners actually had it docked before they dumped her and her sister (whose tail was not docked).

The first few pictures that are attached are of just her. The pic of the two puppies are of her and her sister. The on in the front is obviously her sister.

HarleyTheGSD 03-14-2014 10:33 PM

I definitely see GSD. Personally, I don't notice any Aussie.
Maybe Mal. Beautiful pup, no matter the mix though! :)

Nigel 03-14-2014 10:36 PM

They're both cute! Congratulations! I'm not sure about the mix, looks mostly GSD to me.

Hummingbird 03-14-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyTheGSD (Post 5203122)
I definitely see GSD. Personally, I don't notice any Aussie.
Maybe Mal. Beautiful pup, no matter the mix though! :)

Thank you! :)

middleofnowhere 03-15-2014 12:12 AM

Nice looking dog. If she's totally nuts, then maybe some Mal. If more sane, a GSD just light. Too bad about the tail.

ZoeD1217 03-15-2014 12:17 AM

She's super cute!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Hummingbird 03-15-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by middleofnowhere (Post 5203698)
Nice looking dog. If she's totally nuts, then maybe some Mal. If more sane, a GSD just light. Too bad about the tail.

She is a bit nuts. Lol. I really want to do a DNA test on her, especially because her toes are white which makes me think she has another breed in her.

selzer 03-15-2014 02:30 PM

GSDs can have white toes.

She looks GSD to me. But I am not all that familiar with Mals.

She is probably going to be a bit nuts for a while. If she is still nuts at age 4, then she is probably mixed with Mal.

Thank you for rescuing her.

my boy diesel 03-15-2014 02:34 PM

when trying to determine a dog or pups breed or breeds
you have to know what breeds are loose roaming in that area
are mals popular dogs where she came from so that there would be so many as to be breeding indiscriminately?
if not then she is probably gsd mixed with whatever they supposed or another breed common to that area
i see lots of gsd but something else too or else very poorly bred gsd
op how much does the puppy weigh?

Hummingbird 03-16-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my boy diesel (Post 5206466)
when trying to determine a dog or pups breed or breeds
you have to know what breeds are loose roaming in that area
are mals popular dogs where she came from so that there would be so many as to be breeding indiscriminately?
if not then she is probably gsd mixed with whatever they supposed or another breed common to that area
i see lots of gsd but something else too or else very poorly bred gsd
op how much does the puppy weigh?

Right now, at 5 months, she weighs 35 pounds.

What about GSD mixed with Chinook?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2