German Shepherds Forum banner

Ok.. I'll ask it..

4K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  wyoung2153 
#1 ·
I have been wondering this for such a long time, but haven't really figured out the best way to ask the question because, well, it's kinda personal for most people.. how do all of your dogs react to you and your partner.. having um.. relations.. lol. Honestly, Titan freaks.. whines, starts to chase his tail, we have to put him out of the room or tell him to lay down 27 times...

Though we have adapted.. I have always wondered if this is a Titan thing, or a dog thing in general.. anyone else willing to share their experience, lol :D

#2 ·
sometimes when we hug she stuffs her face and shoulders between us.
We call it the family hug.

Other stuff we stick her in the crate and she goes to sleep lol
She used to cry sometimes though because she was being ignored

#4 ·
Lara used to whine and bark if we hugged too now that I think about it.. Had to put her in her pen for awhile and let her just ..get over it. I didn't want to encourage that. But we invite her to the family hug sometimes and she'll scamper over. We also made her lay down and stuff and released her from time to time to let her get attention too, it's not really a big deal anymre

#6 ·
HA! Sex Patrol... oh geeze.. My BF has always asked me if it was normal and I honestly couldn't tell him.. I have never had a dog when I was with a BF so it's new to me too.. I have wanted to ask for so long just didn't know how! Lol.. he goes nuts! When he gets to come back in the room he's all over the place sniffing us and everything.. then goes straight to bed! :wild:

#9 ·
Ha!! Before we knew what really to do with him.. it would be so awkward because Titan's bed was at the bottom of our bed, and when we would tell him to go to bed.. he would.. and we couldn't really argue with it.. but in the midst, and seeing him just looking up at me... killed the mood REAL quick!

#8 ·
Finn will nose between us when we hug, but that's about it. A lot of times he'll hide his head or go into his crate when we are...having activities. If a bout of randomness strikes, he'll find another room to be in.

#11 ·
Honestly? Elios is silent haha.
Either he doesn't notice or doesn't care. In crate or out of crate.
But the funny thing is he gets barky if we tickle, or even if I laugh at a joke bf says hahah it's funny

#13 ·
i have been wondering this for such a long time, but haven't really figured out the best way to ask the question because, well, it's kinda personal for most people.. How do all of your dogs react to you and your partner.. Having um.. Relations.. Lol. Honestly, titan freaks.. Whines, starts to chase his tail, we have to put him out of the room or tell him to lay down 27 times...

Though we have adapted.. I have always wondered if this is a titan thing, or a dog thing in general.. Anyone else willing to share their experience, lol :d

eeewwwww!

#15 ·
We put the tv on in the living room and have him lay on the couch. He's gotten over whining at the door since he won't be allowed in so he just sleeps.

When it comes to hugs :/ he barks or whines or shoves his way in between us...he does the same if we don't leave him the middle seat on the couch and he promptly plops his head on my lap after he gets up. No growling or showing teeth which is good, he's just upset that we're ignoring him :p

#17 ·
Let's just say the first "time" after we adopted a 1 yr old GSD, we had a cheering section. Times after that she would simply sulk in her crate. The key is to not look at the crate during.

#18 ·
He used to go ballistic with whining and barking and tried to jump on the bed... Now he ignores it and either gets up and goes to lay in the living room or goes and lays on the other side of the bedroom. lol.

#19 ·
You learn that the headboard banging will cause the dogs to bark. I suppose they think someone is at the door. So, you remove the headboard.

#21 ·
I either crate the dogs or put them in another room. If it is spontaneous, Hunter knows the command "leave".

Haha.

#22 ·
Daisy was the S-police in our house. She and Lucky either went to the basement or outside. Lucky lately will push open the door.The girls want to lay outside the door and there is some whining. I like them being outside.

#25 ·
I can relate. I've also had my feet washed by a big doggie tongue during that "special" moment, too. :eek:

Over the years, with different dogs, once we get them over the "Daddies not hurting mommy" and the jealousy stage; they just go lay down somewhere and pay no mind. :)

#24 ·
Our dog is seldom in our bedroom, she prefers to guard in the hallway this way she has a view on what is coming upstairs and all the bedroom doors. If we have our bedroom door closed for too long she will want to come in and "check" on us, see if we are OK but that is only for a few seconds then she leaves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.