How do you treat your human children? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default How do you treat your human children?

Don't know if this goes here. Move it if it doesn't.

I've been reading dog forums for awhile now in anticipation of getting a GSD. Don't get me wrong, but I read and read about how it's all about the dog. Rightfully so. I agree. I want my dog to be perfect and will do anything for him.

Now, I don't have human kids. Haven't raised any. Really don't like them much. How do those with kids, treat their kids? Do you put as much care and concern into it as you do your dog? Have you ever yelled at or hit your human child? That would be bad for a puppy. Don't you agree?

So, how do you raise your kids? If everyone responds perfectly, I call BS. If everyone says they raise their puppy perfectly, I call BS.

There is the talk and the walk.
Charles T Richard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles T Richard View Post
Don't know if this goes here. Move it if it doesn't.

I've been reading dog forums for awhile now in anticipation of getting a GSD. Don't get me wrong, but I read and read about how it's all about the dog. Rightfully so. I agree. I want my dog to be perfect and will do anything for him.

Now, I don't have human kids. Haven't raised any. Really don't like them much. How do those with kids, treat their kids? Do you put as much care and concern into it as you do your dog? Have you ever yelled at or hit your human child? That would be bad for a puppy. Don't you agree?

So, how do you raise your kids? If everyone responds perfectly, I call BS. If everyone says they raise their puppy perfectly, I call BS.

Seriously? Dogs are dogs, children are humans. If you want to talk about human children and how people raise them, go to a parenting forum. Babycenter.com would love to have you, I'm sure. Otherwise, you created this thread to start drama...refer to part in bold for drama....
"An excess of size is an unserviceable feature for breeding, his powers of endurance, his speed and the smartness of his movements suffer in all circumstances. Giants are never nimble."-Creator of GSD
DaniFani is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I try to treat everyone and my pets the way I would want to be treated, the golden rule. Does it happen 100% of the time, no, but I strive for it. My kids are 24 (twins), never got in trouble at school, no drugs, DUIs, they manage their money well, what little they have of it,we are friends. My neighbors are amazed at how much my pets love me and respond to me.
Gretchen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniFani View Post
Seriously? Dogs are dogs, children are humans. If you want to talk about human children and how people raise them, go to a parenting forum. Babycenter.com would love to have you, I'm sure. Otherwise, you created this thread to start drama...refer to part in bold for drama....
I didn't create this thread to create drama, though you're doing a good job to do so.
If you would send your child to babysitter.com that already answer everything I needed to know about you, because I wouldn't send my dog to dog sitter. Com.

Guess in your anger you missed the point. Somebody might come along and clicker train you.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
I try to treat everyone and my pets the way I would want to be treated, the golden rule. Does it happen 100% of the time, no, but I strive for it. My kids are 24 (twins), never got in trouble at school, no drugs, DUIs, they manage their money well, what little they have of it,we are friends. My neighbors are amazed at how much my pets love me and respond to me.
Have you ever hit or yelled at your dog?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
If everyone responds perfectly, I call BS. If everyone says they raise their puppy perfectly, I call BS.

What do you mean?

if your GSD is eating and eating and eating and losing weight - please consider testing for EPI.

http://www.epi4dogs.com/epiinsnapshots.htm
Harry and Lola is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Have you ever hit or yelled at your dog?

Your response to DaniFani and your obsession with the negative and violent acts makes me hope you reconsider getting a GSD.

These forums are all about the dog because it is a dog forum, not a forum for families with teens or toddlers.
Gretchen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 01:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Your response to DaniFani and your obsession with the negative and violent acts makes me hope you reconsider getting a GSD.

These forums are all about the dog because it is a dog forum, not a forum for families with teens or toddlers.
Wow, what in my response to dF didn't you like? Did I commit a violent act here tonight? Please explain.

I guess my post was completely lost on you also. Go back and read it. If you still don't understand it, pm and I'll explain why I wonder if such nice people worry so much about doing anything wrong to their dogs, if they treat their kids the same way, thus making them either hypocrites or socially dysfunctional.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry and Lola View Post
What do you mean?
Sorry. Just saw your post. If everyone treats their kids as perfectly as their dog, I call bs.
I don't have kids. I read how to raise a dog. Don't yell, hit, scare, etc. Reward it all the time. Nothing negative. I wonder if those with kids have tried the same parenting techniques?

One Danifani has already got mad at me about bringing it up. I figure she had hit and yelled at her kids.

Bad parenting in my book.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

Did you have a horrible childhood?

Most people don't scream at or hit their children.

Most people don't scream or hit their dogs.

Most people find being assertive, consistent, kind and loving to be an effect way to teach children and canines appropriate behaviours.

if your GSD is eating and eating and eating and losing weight - please consider testing for EPI.

http://www.epi4dogs.com/epiinsnapshots.htm
Harry and Lola is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.