German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Best websites for shopping for your dog (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/413546-best-websites-shopping-your-dog.html)

Airman1stclass 02-20-2014 01:03 AM

Best websites for shopping for your dog

I've started buying things for my puppy who I still don't have yet. Im in need of a crate and play pen, can anyone recommend a website that sells dog supplies for cheap?

LeoRose 02-20-2014 01:17 AM

I like KV Supply, Jeffers, Drs. Foster & Smith, and PetEdge. There is also 1800PetMeds. Chewy, PetFlow, and a slew of others that I can't think of at the moment. You can also get pet supplies on Amazon and eBay.

TommyB681 02-20-2014 06:53 AM

They have a lot of heavier duty equipment but I get a lot from Ray Allen

Thesilentone 02-20-2014 08:02 AM

I just bought some dog toys from Dog.com

Wag.com is another good place to look and DoggyLoot.com has discount chews, toys, etc.

Gwenhwyfair 02-20-2014 10:20 AM

Craigslist is actually pretty good for pet supplies if you don't mind getting used 'durable' items like crates.

Also local pet oriented FB groups have pet items for sale or swap too. I've seen several nice crates listed on our local pet page recently.

Worth checking out.

Kaimeju 02-20-2014 10:25 AM

You can post a wanted ad on Freecycle. I get gardening supplies that way. We get meds and big ticket items like beds from Drs. Foster & Smith because you want them to last. Geartrade.com often has specialty dog stuff for outdoor sports.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Galathiel 02-20-2014 11:06 AM

I use Amazon a lot because of free shipping. I have the pup's food autoshipped from Chewy and have been happy with that arrangement so far.

misslesleedavis1 02-20-2014 11:09 AM

For collars pet smart has a pretty cool Marvel comic line, like the hulk and batman and who doesnt love an iron man collar??? lol
Also, etsy has a funny farm boutique shop, i like the collars they have, very cool "nom nom sushi" is my fave!

misslesleedavis1 02-20-2014 11:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 182554

Attachment 182562

So neat!!, the nom nom sushi looks better made tho

martemchik 02-20-2014 11:29 AM

eBay has the cheapest crates and they're just as good of quality as the Midwest ones you'll find at your local box store. You can also pick from a variety of sizes as although there are standard lengths of 32, 36, 40, 48, they vary a little in height and width. You can find something that will fit better if you need to put it in a certain space.

I'm usually cautious about buying stuff for my dog off Craigslist because you never know what happened to the other person's dog. Things like parvo and other diseases tend to live on things for a while so its not worth it for me to save $20 for something like a crate. I will say that I'll buy pretty much anything else off of craigslist...