Off topic - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well this doesn't really make any sense out of context. I'm not sure what the point was.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmaria View Post
If you feel this line of discussion is unhelpful then why are you adding to it. What makes you feel you should be the only one to comment off subject? Seriously i see so many pots calling the kettle black on this site.
If the breeder was indeed a breeder then then the OP is entitled to a fefund and vet costs per the California puppy lemon law and can go to small claims. I really do agree another tbread should be started in regards to what a real breeder and what a byb or hobby breeder is.
A real breeder is someone who owns a bitch at the time that conception takes place. It is as simple as that.

There as many definitions for BYB as their are people who understand what the acronym stands for. There is no universally accepted definition to this term.

Hobby breeder is another term that people use that isn't well defined. Some people think professional breeders, or commercial breeders are the ones that should be breeding. Others believe that ONLY hobby breeders should be breeding.

The simple answer is to accept that a person to owns the bitch at the moment of conception is the breeder, whether we are talking about show dogs, police dogs, mongrels, oopses. Doesn't matter. If you own the bitch and she has conceived a litter that was then produced, you are indeed a breeder.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

Maybve this can transition into another random thread,
misslesleedavis1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Well this doesn't really make any sense out of context. I'm not sure what the point was.
Well apparently if you want something done right you should do it yourself. Which was not the case and here we are so that's that.
JeanKBBMMMAAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 View Post
Maybve this can transition into another random thread,
No.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

And to add helping the OP to find a legal way to help recover some costs for this young financially strapped family is in no way asserting our own agenda. I dont have an agenda . Ive helped out when people have set up sites for help financially here and i will do the same information wise whenever I feel like it. As long as im not using foul language or calling people idiots, or lazy etc. I have the right to post and follow whatever agenda I want. (If I did have one, )
Msmaria is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

As for the puppy lemon law in California:
1. If the breeder did not sell more than 20 puppies in the year, she is not covered.

2. The breeder is liable to either return the pet for the purchase price/vet bills not more than the purchase price, or keep the pet and get vet costs not more than 150% of the purchase price, or exchange the pup for one that is not sick. In this case $100 or $150 is the max she can get.

Is it truly worth it? If she is a friend? Will she need a lawyer to go after her? Does she want to drag it out and go to small claims court for it? Take over work. What that will do is that will keep it constantly at the forefront of her mind. Sometimes, you just have to move on. $100 to $150 is not going to break or curb the breeder.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah

Last edited by selzer; 02-18-2014 at 10:07 PM.
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmaria View Post
And to add helping the OP to find a legal way to help recover some costs for this young financially strapped family is in no way asserting our own agenda. I dont have an agenda . Ive helped out when people have set up sites for help financially here and i will do the same information wise whenever I feel like it. As long as im not using foul language or calling people idiots, or lazy etc. I have the right to post and follow whatever agenda I want. (If I did have one, )
Are you talking to me?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Can you please link me (or pm me! Don't wanna take this off topic) to the laws about this? As far as I knew, the government could not tell us what to do with our property, yet.
I live in CA and in my county you must spay/neuter by 6 months, there are exceptions:

Santa Cruz County, California. Title 6. Animals
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
As for the puppy lemon law in California:
1. If the breeder did not sell more than 20 puppies in the year, she is not covered.

2. The breeder is liable to either return the pet for the purchase price/vet bills not more than the purchase price, or keep the pet and get vet costs not more than 150% of the purchase price, or exchange the pup for one that is not sick. In this case $100 or $150 is the max she can get.

Is it truly worth it? If she is a friend? Will she need a lawyer to go after her? Does she want to drag it out and go to small claims court for it? Take over work. What that will do is that will keep it constantly at the forefront of her mind. Sometimes, you just have to move on. $100 to $150 is not going to break or curb the breeder.
Just wondering where u got 20 puppies, because I read two litters in prior year. Yes I understand that it is not much. I guess it has to do with whether 150 makes a difference for her and how far the court is from her home whether shes working full time or not.
Msmaria is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.