German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   What are peoples opinions on oversized gsds? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/408122-what-peoples-opinions-oversized-gsds.html)

gsdemack 02-07-2014 06:37 PM

What are peoples opinions on oversized gsds?
 
I had a comment from somebody today that she never really did grow that much but I suppose she's a bitch - annoying really but I think I still prefer a standard size one.

Strangly nobody feels afraid of her at all?? She is 14 months...

Opinions appreciated - thanks.

GSDGunner 02-07-2014 06:46 PM

Not sure what you're asking since you're comments don't mention over sized GSD's.

Do we have to endure this topic yet again? :confused:
It's been done to death and never ends well.

Harry and Lola 02-07-2014 06:53 PM

It is always a joy to see a standard size GSD at a slim weight - they look amazing. I hate seeing obese GSDs, but I do like the look of tall GSDs (above breed standard) so long as they are slim. Also, don't know if you show, but a friend of mine who does show told me when they have German judges, the German's love them slim and within the breed standard for height (they get good points).

Also, sometimes people not familiar with GSDs think girls are just small if they are used to seeing male.

Just my opinion.

gsdemack 02-07-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry and Lola (Post 4985458)
It is always a joy to see a standard size GSD at a slim weight - they look amazing. I hate seeing obese GSDs, but I do like the look of tall GSDs (above breed standard) so long as they are slim. Also, don't know if you show, but a friend of mine who does show told me when they have German judges, the German's love them slim and within the breed standard for height (they get good points).

Also, sometimes people not familiar with GSDs think girls are just small if they are used to seeing male.

Just my opinion.


Thanks for that opinion. I was going to unsubscribe from the thread if your post was similar to the first one. I don't know why such people feel the need to reply....sometimes when you create a thread yourself there is something different about it....

FirefighterGSD 02-07-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsdemack (Post 4985498)
Thanks for that opinion. I was going to unsubscribe from the thread if your post was similar to the first one. I don't know why such people feel the need to reply....sometimes when you create a thread yourself there is something different about it....

Honestly, there are just some topics that are discussed over and over again that members get tired of reading about after awhile. I don't think it was anything personal pointed toward you or your thread :cool: You can type oversize shepherds into the search bar and read all of the older threads on the topic.

gsdemack 02-07-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirefighterGSD (Post 4985578)
Honestly, there are just some topics that are discussed over and over again that members get tired of reading about after awhile. I don't think it was anything personal pointed toward you or your thread :cool: You can type oversize shepherds into the search bar and read all of the older threads on the topic.


Doing that now!

FirefighterGSD 02-07-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsdemack (Post 4985586)
Doing that now!

Right on :)

GSDGunner 02-07-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsdemack (Post 4985498)
Thanks for that opinion. I was going to unsubscribe from the thread if your post was similar to the first one. I don't know why such people feel the need to reply....sometimes when you create a thread yourself there is something different about it....

Because it's been done to death and I literally didn't (and still don't) know what you were asking? The initial post didn't make much sense to me.
Not sure why you would unsubscribe over one reply that you didn't like. It was just my opinion.



Quote:

Originally Posted by FirefighterGSD (Post 4985578)
Honestly, there are just some topics that are discussed over and over again that members get tired of reading about after awhile. I don't think it was anything personal pointed toward you or your thread :cool: You can type oversize shepherds into the search bar and read all of the older threads on the topic.

Exactly! Especially when they create nothing but ill will with members who have over sized GSD's. It gets tiring after awhile. It was nothing personal towards the OP.

GSDGunner 02-07-2014 07:58 PM

I still don't understand where "over sized" comes into play regarding the original post.
Sounds like your GSD is small and you prefer a standard sized one.
So why are you asking for opinions on over sized GSD's?

SuperG 02-07-2014 08:03 PM

Just watched Gunner opening his Christmas present of Milk Bones....LOL

Very meticulous.


SuperG


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2