Strangest thing your dog has said to you - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Knighted Member
 
dogfaeries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,493
The conversation that Sage and I had when I changed her kibble to the Now Large Breed Adult. The kibble size is considerably larger than anything she's ever had...


Sage: "This food is too big"

Me: "It's not too big. You are a German Shepherd. Eat it."

Sage: "It's too big"


And then she flipped the bowl upside down and pranced away.

~ Diane ~

RUSSELL .... Lauremi's Paix
CARLY ........ Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ 2010-2015
dogfaeries is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Crowned Member
 
Sunflowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inactive
Posts: 9,023
"No, I don't want a substitute ball. I do not care if the one you just threw me is identical. I will just let it hit me in the face. Now, go under the bed and get the one I was actually playing with."
Sunflowers is offline  
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Crowned Member
 
misslesleedavis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 4,234
GOOOOOOODMORNINGGGGGGG MUMMMMMYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kicks down down with passion, gets in bed with me and proceeds to smash me in the face with the coldest wet nose known to man..oh and he brings his fur bro and sis in with him they all end up on the bed
misslesleedavis1 is offline  
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Elite Member
 
blehmannwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,536
A few years ago, I got a Bowlingual--a gadget that "translated" barks into English. There was some science behind it and you had to adapt it to your breed. My big girl, Crusher, was wearing it and being very demanding. I offered her some food and she barked. The translation was "I DON'T
WANT THAT!" and then she flipped over her empty water bowl.
I could have figured out what she was saying wothout the Bowlingual.
blehmannwa is offline  
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Crowned Member
 
misslesleedavis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 4,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 View Post
GOOOOOOODMORNINGGGGGGG MUMMMMMYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kicks down down with passion, gets in bed with me and proceeds to smash me in the face with the coldest wet nose known to man..oh and he brings his fur bro and sis in with him they all end up on the bed
*door lol
misslesleedavis1 is offline  
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Crowned Member
 
misslesleedavis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 4,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by blehmannwa View Post
A few years ago, I got a Bowlingual--a gadget that "translated" barks into English. There was some science behind it and you had to adapt it to your breed. My big girl, Crusher, was wearing it and being very demanding. I offered her some food and she barked. The translation was "I DON'T
WANT THAT!" and then she flipped over her empty water bowl.
I could have figured out what she was saying wothout the Bowlingual.
OMG i want one were did u get it??
misslesleedavis1 is offline  
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Member
 
Scout's Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 92
Scout has been "earning" her dinner with training sessions when I get home for work. Yesterday morning I sat out her breakfast bowl, and this was the conversation:

Uhhhh, Mom? You're supposed to feed me.

Nope. You're a big girl, you can do it yourself.

But Mom...

Just eat it. Look, the bowl is full and I know you're hungry.

But Mom. I'm sitting! See??? Feed me, Seymour!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Scout's Mama is offline  
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Elite Member
 
Kahrg4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
"No, I don't want a substitute ball. I do not care if the one you just threw me is identical. I will just let it hit me in the face. Now, go under the bed and get the one I was actually playing with."
So true!!

This is usually followed shortly by, "Where are you going?!? I'm not done playing yet!"

And then: "If you're not going to throw the ball, could you at least just let me hold it?"
Kahrg4 is offline  
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 2
SweetyBug says "uh-huh". guess it's not strange but it's really funny and pretty much all she's said so far. I dug it.
chainfallcharlie is offline  
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 08:41 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 2
Strike that! She just asked me, why we can't see her picture next to our name?
chainfallcharlie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome