Animal rights= arrogance and scary and extreme - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2014, 01:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Animal rights= arrogance and scary and extreme

Top 8 Arguments Against Animal Rights

I am so scared for animals in the future. No more breeding causes extinction for a consequence for our beloved animals. If they really cared they would let animals live on. Our dogs are happy to be with humans even animals that are not dogs. The other thing animal rights activists say people do not see the consequences for their actions. Well, black and white as AR people their actions will be a consequence to regret if our worse nightmare does happen. Can't live without animals on the planet interacting with humans. They think all humans are nasty and hate animals. So much extreme black and white. If you ever beat them in arguments "dogs are not given consent to do work, breed to be used whatever". Lol the AR ppl are not giving dogs their consent either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 02:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

There are an estimated 164 million pets owned in the US.

Not that I agree with the AR folks, but they are a vast minority.
David Winners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 03:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

I would alweays vote against changing original nature of GSD through breedig for the purpose of producing so called "friendly" dog genetically. With the loss of a potential to become agressive GSD loses his intellect. Something happens to dogs bred for being innocuous to humans, and there is a lot of evidence to it: American Cocker Spanial and many other sub-breeds. But, do people need intellectual dogs? No, they don't. Proper raising your puppy, controlling yourself first of all ( GSD grows agressive in families living in conflict, nervous and agressive themselves people) and educating him requires a considerable effort. The majority of dogs' owners are happy to have a beautiful vegetable on the lead instead of bothering themselves and paying money to trainers. People like not the dog, but his shape, which is a replica of their old enemy - the wolf. That is where the idea springs from: to have a living toy deprived of claws and teeth. Crowds of dolphin admirers prefer to see them in the circus, not in the wild, some even say that it is the only way to save them - todeprive from freedom. Changing that which was preserved throughout so many centures, GSD temperament and other natural qualities have to be lost to breeding programms, and it terrifies me much more than depriving cats from claws surgically, or chopping off dogs' ears and tails for cosmetic reasons. But, the wish to adjust other living beings and make them more convenient for modern life and future survival of one type of species - that is us, the humans - is above the humans. There is one in a few million can live a single day like Jesus, or be a fraction that much sacrificial like Him. Jesus teachings weren't about animals, but they were and are for many a sound of a true nature of love to life in general. Humans are not the gods, they simply uncapable of being sorry with factory chickens who do not and will not have any rights ever, because it is more convenient to think they have "chicken brains".
David Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 06:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

I'm a firm supporter of animal welfare being improved, but giving animals "rights" is a whole different can of worms.

This is a pretty political subject, and I have to wonder if this discussion is best left on other boards, except perhaps in regards to dog ownership and laws.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

The "lunatic fringe" is only supported by the actions of those who fail to live up to their responsibilities.

The vast majority of pet owners are considerate, caring and conscientious. As always, too much legislation and "rule" is enacted and supported because the minority ( in this case, the antithesis of the aforementioned majority) gives the entire class a bad name.

Sad situation but perhaps a mirror of the times.

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

Animal Rights Vs. Animal Owners | Protect the Harvest

Shouldn't we do something?
Old 02-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

ADMIN NOTE:

ENOUGH WITH THE nasty, snarky comments and subtle attacks!!! This won't be tolerated any more, and warnings will be issued!

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
ADMIN NOTE:

ENOUGH WITH THE nasty, snarky comments and subtle attacks!!! This won't be tolerated any more, and warnings will be issued!

I'm not doing anything...
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
The vast majority of pet owners are considerate, caring and conscientious.
I'm not sure if I agree with that. I see pet owners every day, and a lot of them really shouldn't own pets... it's not that they are horrible people, it's that the dog is an afterthought, a prop, a toy for the children, or a status symbol. Often bought on a whim and then ignored. Most people really don't have enough knowledge of animal behavior to understand a pet's true needs, and behavior problems are often a result. And these are the people that actually care enough to have their pets professionally groomed!

However, the AR agenda is wrongheaded and extreme. Just because SOME people shouldn't own animals doesn't mean it's wrong for ANYONE to own animals.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
I'm not sure if I agree with that. I see pet owners every day, and a lot of them really shouldn't own pets... it's not that they are horrible people, it's that the dog is an afterthought, a prop, a toy for the children, or a status symbol. Often bought on a whim and then ignored. Most people really don't have enough knowledge of animal behavior to understand a pet's true needs, and behavior problems are often a result. And these are the people that actually care enough to have their pets professionally groomed!

However, the AR agenda is wrongheaded and extreme. Just because SOME people shouldn't own animals doesn't mean it's wrong for ANYONE to own animals.
Freestep couldn't have stated any better. Agree 100%, I think before people get dogs or even all dog owners should studying a mass amount of dog behavior and dog true needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.