German Shepherds Forum banner

Giant Petmate Kennel and SUVs

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mspiker03 
#1 ·
I have a question to those that have a giant kennel. Can it fit in the back of an SUV? More referring to Tahoe type of SUV. We are due to be posted overseas and I'm looking at getting a rental to transport us to the airport. Thought about just breaking it down and just having him sit in the seat, but he sheds crazy and I won't have time to do a thorough cleaning.

#2 ·
Can't speak for the Tahoe but in the SUV I rented, it wouldn't fit. But i instead, broke it down, put the lid in the bottom, like normal, put his bed in that, and had him jump in that. Essentially had him in the crate without the top on.

#5 ·
3 can fit for a ride in the front seat of the Tahoe if need be (we have one). Or, you can split the back seats in half and only lower one half so it would fit. We can stuff a ton of crap in our Tahoe. A couple of times we had 4 adult people, 2 GSD's (no crates) and luggage (also used a small car top carrier) on a short weekend trip. We managed.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.