German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   what horrible wheather for us dog walkers..... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/401890-what-horrible-wheather-us-dog-walkers.html)

Safzola 01-26-2014 03:06 AM

what horrible wheather for us dog walkers.....

we are having horrible weather here freezing cold muddy and wet not nice for walking our gsd but hey we have to take our four legged hairy friends out, im just hoping the wether improves so we can enjoy it again how are all you lot managing with this wether:(

Mary Beth 01-26-2014 05:26 PM

For blizzard days - tug helps to burn off some of that energy.

jjk454ss 01-26-2014 05:29 PM

Gotta love our towns heated sidewalks. Makes winter walks a little easier:).

DonnaKay 01-26-2014 05:40 PM

Horribly cold and snowy here. We've been burning off puppy energy in the basement. Full basement with nothing but a couple of boxes of old stuff so lots of room to play. Thank goodness as negative wind chills are not my thing!

Thewretched 01-26-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjk454ss (Post 4909458)

Heated sidewalks? Where do they have that?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

jjk454ss 01-26-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewretched (Post 4909642)
Heated sidewalks? Where do they have that?

Holland, MI

They use the hot water from the nearby power plant throughout downtown. It's great, I can walk on clean, even dry sidewalks, then cut over just a couple blocks and let the dog run and play in 2 ft of snow.

KathrynApril 01-26-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjk454ss (Post 4909666)
Holland, MI

They use the hot water from the nearby power plant throughout downtown. It's great, I can walk on clean, even dry sidewalks, then cut over just a couple blocks and let the dog run and play in 2 ft of snow.

Nice!!!!

Gretchen 01-26-2014 06:40 PM

I can't even imagine how horrible a blizzard is. Do you have booties for your dog?
A few years ago I read this book, The Children's Blizzard by David Laskin, taken place in the late 1800's in the midwest. Ever since reading that, I am so grateful for every day for decent weather.

Kaimeju 01-26-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjk454ss (Post 4909666)
Holland, MI

That's amazing!! I hope it catches on! You get the "lake effect" thereabouts, right? I used to live in Minnesota and the winters were nuts.

We've been hovering around 20-30 degrees F here. It's just been cloudy and kind of icy all winter. Sometimes we get freezing fog which is not fun. It doesn't really affect our routine except I try to be more active in playing tag/fetch because it keeps me warm. We went up in the mountains today and it was literally driving above the clouds. Once we got started snowshoeing, it must have been 40 degrees with three and a half feet of snow on the ground. I was roasting. :eyeroll:

I feel real bad for you guys in the Midwest. I lived there most of my life and the winters were awful, but not this awful.

gsdemack 01-26-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjk454ss (Post 4909458)

This is a joke, right?