German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Can't we all get along? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/400482-cant-we-all-get-along.html)

ZoeandMoe 01-23-2014 09:36 AM

Can't we all get along?

Though I am fairly new to this site, I have read hours and hours and shall I say, hours worth of informational posts. One thing I can say, is If I was to "group" all the information together, would be about 99.9% of the people here are all caring and loving of the breed. Everyone tries to help out if they can offer advise. If someone post's, "please help", usually there is 4 pages of thread within an hour. As someone new here, you learn real quick why this site is so awesome. While there are a lot of opinions on how to do things, what not to do, what e-collar is best, what is my pup mixed with, etc etc etc, Everyone seems to post what they think will work. I guess my point is, I have learned a great deal from this site so far. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for many people here already. In no short order, Jax, David, Dani, Selzer, Ballif, etc .... I would much rather see everyone smiling and getting along as one thing is for certain. YOU are here as well as I for one reason. We all love the breed. Would everyone please shake hands and continue answering post's so myself and a wealth of others can learn !! http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...xM_f3u022S.gif

fredh 01-23-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeandMoe (Post 4888394)
Though I am fairly new to this site, I have read hours and hours and shall I say, hours worth of informational posts. One thing I can say, is If I was to "group" all the information together, would be about 99.9% of the people here are all caring and loving of the breed. Everyone tries to help out if they can offer advise. If someone post's, "please help", usually there is 4 pages of thread within an hour. As someone new here, you learn real quick why this site is so awesome. While there are a lot of opinions on how to do things, what not to do, what e-collar is best, what is my pup mixed with, etc etc etc, Everyone seems to post what they think will work. I guess my point is, I have learned a great deal from this site so far. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for many people here already. In no short order, Jax, David, Dani, Selzer, Ballif, etc .... I would much rather see everyone smiling and getting along as one thing is for certain. YOU are here as well as I for one reason. We all love the breed. Would everyone please shake hands and continue answering post's so myself and a wealth of others can learn !! http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...xM_f3u022S.gif

Amen to that! Some people just take themselves too seriousely! :D

wolfy dog 01-23-2014 11:37 AM

I think the hand shaking is happening here. This forum is great. But is it also fair to be respectful if someone posts an opinion that is not the one we were hoping for. It is the internet and even though we may feel familiar with the "regulars" most of us are just strangers with their own opinions. Another hurdle in communication in forums is that we cannot see each others body language or hear the tone of voice vs face to face contact. The sun is out here, so smile: we have GSDs!

David Winners 01-23-2014 12:19 PM

I'm very interested to know if I come across as too serious. Be honest please. If you think I'm a jerk, will you let me know?

I'm a fun loving guy that gets invited places because I'm fun to be with. I sometimes get the impression that on the forum, some people think I don't have a sense of humor. So to better myself, and help with tactful communication, please let me know what you think. I'm honestly interested.

Thanks!

David Winners

misslesleedavis1 01-23-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Winners (Post 4889618)
I'm very interested to know if I come across as too serious. Be honest please. If you think I'm a jerk, will you let me know?

I'm a fun loving guy that gets invited places because I'm fun to be with. I sometimes get the impression that on the forum, some people think I don't have a sense of humor. So to better myself, and help with tactful communication, please let me know what you think. I'm honestly interested.

Thanks!

David Winners

I have never read anything of yours and thought "jerk" if that helps, also no ones a mind reader, i cant see expression of any sort when i am just reading things. Text is probably one of the worst communication forms i think. It has been a culprit in a few fights ive gotten into with my SO.

Msmaria 01-23-2014 12:36 PM

Im starting with the man in the mirror..lol trying not get sucked into the drama anymore. Noticed I said trying...lol. Its hard because I hate to see people treated badly. We cant change others, only ourselves and there are always going to be people joining the forum to cause problems. Best thing for me to do is just avoid those discussions. If others want to join in thats their choice and right to do so. There are so many other good threads here for me to learn from and Im going to try to stick to those.

David I have the same issue as you, I have a weird sense of humor and not everyone gets me. oops not saying your weird..lol . Majority of the people here her mean well, I guess its just something to remember.

David Winners 01-23-2014 12:47 PM

Now I have a Michael Jackson song stuck in my head.

David Winners

jafo220 01-23-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Winners (Post 4889618)

Thanks!

David Winners

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Dave, your one of the most informative posters here. You having experience with these dogs is a positive in your posts as you come across no different than trainers I've worked with. Thing is, you have to approach some posts in a way thats anti-fun. Dealing with a breed that can potentially harm someone at will has to be taken serious. So what I'm saying ia you approach topics with a sense of seriousness that it deserves. It may save a person from making incorrectable mistakes wit thier dog or un-needed abuse of a dog during training.

Just keep doing what you do.

Castlemaid 01-23-2014 01:03 PM

What a nice thread! So nice to hear some positive stuff!

David, you are absolutely NOT a jerk! I so appreciate your knowledge and experience and the respectful and helpful way you share it. Thank you for your contributions. :)

You are always able to keep a cool head and not get sucked into the macho chest-beating competitions some other posters try to start. Kudos to you!

madis 01-23-2014 01:05 PM

Yay a nice thread!!!! Love seeing positive and proactive advice!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App