German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   What amazes me. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/399849-what-amazes-me.html)

Harley120R 01-22-2014 01:59 AM

What amazes me.

I'm starting to get the hint here. Some people can't get there dogs to sit but want to give advice on advance training.

Some talk about conformation but their dog weighs 130 pounds.

Some talk about the breed standard but can't produce a pedigree.

I can go on and on but I won't. There are many people here talking poo poo that have dogs that don't conform, ill temperament, sick, biters, etc yet they give advice like they own Rin Tin Tin.

Bman0221 01-22-2014 02:05 AM

Guess you have to learn what you can, that you think is revelant and learn to sift through what you think is Poo Poo

Sookie 01-22-2014 05:37 AM

You have to decide who you trust; it's not that hard, I don't think, to see who has lots of dog experience or not. And there are many people who, while I may not like their tone or attitude, are really experienced and so even if I don't like them I trust their advice and guidance.

Msmaria 01-22-2014 06:18 AM

Harley you took the words right out of my mouth..lol

Yes its true there are a few experienced people that let us have it. But I think its because they are so tired of seeing us unexperienced owners screwing our dogs up. Lol. I have learned so much here and having a one year old I have so much more to learn.

David Winners 01-22-2014 06:34 AM

There are also people here that choose to continuously fabricate stories, make light of serious discussion and attempt to bait people into arguments.

Why should someone who has devoted their life to dog training and husbandry waste their time with such people?

David Winners

Thewretched 01-22-2014 08:51 AM

You also have to consider that some people can be knowledgable, yet not have a perfect working dog, not every Ferrari mechanic comes to work in a F40

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Sunflowers 01-22-2014 09:04 AM

179 Attachment(s)
And what does this post bring to the forum?

JakodaCD OA 01-22-2014 09:05 AM

is this like the pot calling the kettle black?

Loneforce 01-22-2014 09:08 AM

I have a hard time wording my posts. I try to explain it to try to help people out, but usually ends up back firing and making me look like a dumb a_ _. I try to help if I can.

mcdanfam 01-22-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmaria (Post 4881441)
Harley you took the words right out of my mouth..lol

Yes its true there are a few experienced people that let us have it. But I think its because they are so tired of seeing us unexperienced owners screwing our dogs up. Lol. I have learned so much here and having a one year old I have so much more to learn.

Agree....

Sent from Petguide.com Free App