German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   GSD friendly apartments in Seattle (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/397865-gsd-friendly-apartments-seattle.html)

oyemengitsamie 01-18-2014 11:19 AM

GSD friendly apartments in Seattle

I plan on moving to Seattle in 2016 (I know, two years is a long way, but I like to plan ahead), and I plan of bringing a GSD puppy with me.

I've called several places, and they all have breed restrictions, obviously. :(

Does anyone here have any advice?
I've read that renting a house is the way to go, but I can't afford that right now. I'd like to live in an apartment.

middleofnowhere 01-18-2014 12:31 PM

It's two years out. Maybe by then you will be able to afford to rent a house. It's two years out - rental policies change. BUT in any case I would not count on moving a puppy into a new to you rental. Puppies chew. They chew on wood work. Puppies urinate - inside, on carpet.

Last I knew Seattle was a high rent area and real estate was out of sight. Why Seattle?

oyemengitsamie 01-18-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by middleofnowhere (Post 4856169)
It's two years out. Maybe by then you will be able to afford to rent a house. It's two years out - rental policies change. BUT in any case I would not count on moving a puppy into a new to you rental. Puppies chew. They chew on wood work. Puppies urinate - inside, on carpet.

Last I knew Seattle was a high rent area and real estate was out of sight. Why Seattle?

Lol, everyone always asks me the same question... and I wish I knew "why Seattle?", but I don't. There's something that's always attracted me to live there. I'll be visiting some time in May this year to see if it's something I want.

And I don't plan on living IN Seattle, on the outskirts... like Kent, or Renton. Much cheaper.

marbury 01-18-2014 12:53 PM

I'm moving to Seattle here shortly! Call a kennel club and ask for member recommendations. That's how I'm doing it, although I'm looking for property instead of an apartment because I have 6 of my own dogs. :P

Mrs.P 01-18-2014 12:57 PM

I always have had better luck with renting small homes and you will love it there I miss it dearly

Nigel 01-18-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.P (Post 4856305)
I always have had better luck with renting small homes and you will love it there I miss it dearly

Yes, it can be easier to work things out with an owner/landlord than large management companies. Seattle is a great place to live, lots to do and if you like hiking there's plenty of it, good luck on your search.

Mrs.P 01-18-2014 06:46 PM

GSD friendly apartments in Seattle

If you'd like I could PM you the property management company we went through and the agent who helped us find a small home in Tacoma their office is in Renton.

oyemengitsamie 01-18-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.P (Post 4857665)
If you'd like I could PM you the property management company we went through and the agent who helped us find a small home in Tacoma their office is in Renton.

Yes, please!

oyemengitsamie 01-19-2014 04:36 PM

Soooo, I've found a nice apartment complex that has a breed restriction, but no weight limit.

Is it wrong of me to possibly pass off my future puppy as Belgian Tervuren or a Shiloh Shepherd? :confused:

marbury 01-19-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oyemengitsamie (Post 4863393)
Soooo, I've found a nice apartment complex that has a breed restriction, but no weight limit.

Is it wrong of me to possibly pass off my future puppy as Belgian Tervuren or a Shiloh Shepherd? :confused:

Yep.