German Shepherds Forum banner

My puppy won his first trophy!

3K views 40 replies 21 participants last post by  shepherdmom 
#1 ·
Yes yes yes. My puppy won his first trophy today. He won the kicking trophy. Awesome. I was told the mother's stomach was kicked. Had to be my dog that did it. Little dude has drive, that's for sure, but when told to sit, the kicking stopped immediately. The vet observed the situation and was heard saying "Heel" at which point the mother's stomach shifted to the left promptly. If I'm lying, I'm lying.

#19 ·
This reminds me... When I was a kid, I wanted to hold a dog show in our neighborhood. I think I was maybe 7 or 8. My mom told me it would hurt peoples' feelings to award 1st place, 2nd place etc, so I was to come up with awards for each individual dog. We had "curliest tail," "cleanest coat," "best smile," and so on. The awards were yellow foam cut into medal shapes and hung on a blue ribbon. It was so much fun to see all the neighborhood dogs parading through my yard.

If Gypsy won a trophy I think it would be "Grand Champion of Escaping Water After Falling Into It Accidentally."

#20 ·
This reminds me... When I was a kid, I wanted to hold a dog show in our neighborhood. I think I was maybe 7 or 8. My mom told me it would hurt peoples' feelings to award 1st place, 2nd place etc, so I was to come up with awards for each individual dog. We had "curliest tail," "cleanest coat," "best smile," and so on. The awards were yellow foam cut int medal shapes and hung on a blue ribbon. It was so much fun to see all the neighborhood dogs parading through my yard.

If Gypsy won a trophy I think it would be "Grand Champion of Escaping Water After Falling Into It Accidentally."
Great story and your Mom was smart.

#26 ·
Yes yes yes. My puppy won his first trophy today. He won the kicking trophy. Awesome. I was told the mother's stomach was kicked. Had to be my dog that did it. Little dude has drive, that's for sure, but when told to sit, the kicking stopped immediately. The vet observed the situation and was heard saying "Heel" at which point the mother's stomach shifted to the left promptly.
You said he was a WGSL..? He was probably just pooping himself in fear at the unfamiliar voice. ;)

#27 ·
:spittingcoffee::rofl: These threads have been "meh" funny to me...until.now. lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.