German Shepherds Forum banner

mail carriers

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  angelas 
#1 ·
dose any ones Shepard totally go nuts when seeing there mailman or lady? mine does, or is it just the uniform they don't like?

#3 ·
mine does, only because he's going to give her a biscuit and she just can't wait:)

#4 ·
Your pup see the mail person and alerts by barking. The barking drives away the mail person, thus self rewarding the behavior.

#6 ·
Well over here they don't get out of the mail truck they drive up to the mailbox so they don't really care much. They might stop and stare for minute then they off to find and follow me.

However I did have a Boxer /Doberman mix that would go ballistic but that would go for anyone that stepped foot on our property..

#11 ·
My front yard has brick pillars with wrought iron gates between them. Mail person made me move my mailbox from the corner pillar of the gate to the other side of the driveway pillar because my GSD almost got him a couple of times.

#13 ·
Lucky always went off on the mail man. Shania would join in with her, but once Lucky was gone Shania didn't care about him anymore.

Canadian dog owners aren't going to have to worry about whiny mailmen much longer. Soon enough there won't be any home delivery.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.