Rant Rage Time: "I wish i could move out.." - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Thumbs down Rant Rage Time: "I wish i could move out.."

Yes, my dog is annoying to other dogs because she wants to play with them and will play bark at them till they chase her or play with her. Thank you for correcting her when she is going too far and being way over demanding to our little beagle when I am not there to do so.
But your dog gets aggressive just because my dog was trying to say hi to you when you got home and your dog didn't want her to do that, or because you asked my dog to get off the couch and your dog ends up biting my dog while she is getting off, or because your dog decided the sock was her new favorite toy and guards it and bites my dog for being a yard space of her, or because my dog is walking past her while she is upset that you left the house for a couple minutes.. She has done this to other dogs too and even made a dog's eye swollen because he was in her space when there was an antler involved.
But do you care? No, not really, you think that it puts my dog in her place, and it doesn't its just rude, uncalled for and my dog did nothing to deserve most of the bites and attempt aggressive bites and i don't appreciate your dog biting my dog. Your dog happens to be the few dog she socializes with and i would love it if there were a lot more more positive than negative interactions.
The problem is you dont want to accept your dog has a behavioral problem, because you dont want to put the work into training her and managing her. You said that yourself, you said she is good where she is at and that you dont have time to train her, i suggested just a few minutes in the morining and night and that is better than nothing, that is the problem. If you admit to it you will feel obligated to work with your dog and you just dont want to. Your dog has gotten worse over even the month, she even guards the bed or her bone from cats walking by being totally innocent of the scene.. There is a problem. And i am sick of the excuses, manage it better because i already have my hands full with my dog who, i admit, has plenty of behavioral problems and i still love her and even with the stress of my life i am working on it with her and managing it and learning from my mistakes (which i've made plenty!) And your dog is a great girl, she is very dear to my heart, however, she has a behavioral problem that can be managed and improved, but if you wont even admit to it, it wont change, because you wont put work into it! I've given you sources of great trainers and books to help with resource guarding, etc. And it just gets me raging because it involves my dog getting hurt sometimes, and i never want to see my dog hurt.
When i said, "i will do something about it if you dont," you said, "dont you dare touch my dog." As if i was going to hurt her!
This is why i dont want my dog to be around your dog when i'm not there, because you dont care or think its that big of a deal.
Even if i look like a jerk right now after writing this, I want you to know i do all my jerkness for my dog and will continue being a jerk when i need to, even being a jerk to myself, if it means protecting my dog.

The things i wish i would say...
VTGirlT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

doing some venting ?
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Yes, i figure the GSD Forums it the best place for it? lol
Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

why not. lol
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

I already feel better.. Glad thats out! now i can move on
Old 12-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Is this your roommate? It sounds like a pretty dangerous situation. One day your dog may not want to tolerate it anymore, and your dog could kill that nasty beagle.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

VTGirlT, better here than Facebook where said dog's owner may be a friend, like I did. But your post is almost word for word what my mother's dog does. I understand your frustration and I too can't wait to move out.

My parents don't understand that if that dog outlives them neither my sister nor I are willing to take her. She's just too dangerous with children and other dogs. She's a 10lb Bichon mix! If she out lives them she is going to the vet because I will not allow a dog that bites the way she does to be rehomed. For now I just avoid my mother (one of the dog's resource guarding high value items) and make sure I have a slip leash handy if I ever have to "handle" her.
angelas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

It's actually my sister, who doesn't technically live here, but her dog is here a lot and she is also here quite a bit.

I am in the works of trying to get into a career i think i will like, but i have a ways to go and cannot move out till i have a better paying job (i work over 40 hours now-a-days and am just getting by!) Moving out will improve Zelda and my life greatly.

And the beagle is the one my dog tries to play with sometimes when no other dog is here, but the beagle wants nothing to do with any dog. And Zelda just barks at her (which is annoying for people and i'm sure for the dog!) however, i can easily redirect Zelda when i see it happen.. And she listens better when i tell her to stop lately too.

But my sisters dog is actually a GSD/Golden mix that i'm talking about. She is about 70 pounds. So it is quite a big deal if they get into a fight or if Zelda gets bit. Thankfully Zelda is longer, wider and taller than griffy by a bit, not sure about the weight as she is quite lean and still a growing girl.. So at least she isn't a little dog!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas View Post
VTGirlT, better here than Facebook where said dog's owner may be a friend, like I did. But your post is almost word for word what my mother's dog does. I understand your frustration and I too can't wait to move out.

My parents don't understand that if that dog outlives them neither my sister nor I are willing to take her. She's just too dangerous with children and other dogs. She's a 10lb Bichon mix! If she out lives them she is going to the vet because I will not allow a dog that bites the way she does to be rehomed. For now I just avoid my mother (one of the dog's resource guarding high value items) and make sure I have a slip leash handy if I ever have to "handle" her.
Ya exactly, my sister is on my facebook, she isn't on here, at least that i'm aware of! If she does see it, good then i guess in some ways!

Sounds awful! Perhaps it has a case of little dog syndrome?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

You don't look like a jerk. Or sound like one

I just moved out of a neighborhood full of small, unmanaged dogs, running into my yard and then their owners panicking, even though my GSD largely just ignored their yappy aggression and continued his work, because of their jerk owners' threats to my landlady. Even after she told them she was going to put up a fence to keep me there.

And know what, I couldn't be happier right now. I LOVED that little cottage on the lake. And I was devastated when my landlady said she just couldn't stand their threats of lawsuit any longer. (None that they could bring, btw, because my big dogs never hurt a fly)

You will get such a sense of relief after you move! It is stressful moving, and expensive, but I promise when that tension gets relieved... Well, it is priceless

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Jack - male GSD b. 8/9/10
Lillian - female Weimaraner b. ~2005
RIP Mattie - female GSD 10/18/02 - 7/24/2013
JackandMattie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.