cops using k9's to search cars (edited) is unconstituational - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It is probable cause if the dog detects something, not so probable if handler signals the dog to detect something. Do I believe your story, yes I do, I also believe the officer was just trying to prove a point. Do I believe it should be reported, yes I do, but I also believe nothing would happen and next time you might sit for 3 hours while a search is conducted.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

if you feel that violated, call a lawyer. i often think the mods on this board act to quick and shut down a thread. in this case they have acted to slow. this is a gsd forum, not a cotus forum.

Last edited by huntergreen; 12-22-2013 at 09:11 AM.
huntergreen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

you and your friends cocky attitudes probably led to the officers action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer11 View Post
we were coming home from a bday party. the cop pulled him over for speeding. he apologized and said he wasnt paying attention and gave the officer his insurance and license. its just a speeding ticket, no big deal. i was in the middle of telling him a story when we got pulled over so when the officer went back to his car i continued with my story. after awhile he comes back to the car and i guess see's us laughing and his demeanor completely changes. he then starts asking us a bunch of questions of where we're coming from and going and if there is anything illegal in the car. my friend snickered and basically asked him what in the world would make him think that? my friend said you pulled me over for a speeding ticket and didnt mention anything about drugs when you first approached. why now?

long story short cop asks to search the car. friend laughs and basically says **** no. you have no probable cause what so ever (his car is clean, no trash anywhere). cop says he'll call the k9. friend says go ahead. im actually excited as i want to see the dog and see what the dog does as i know for a fact there are no drugs in the car. not even residue because he would rather drink ice tea over a beer much less do drugs (same with me). the k9 very clearly indicated because the officer pointed and was speaking to it in a high pitched excited voice. the officer had the most SMUG look on his face. now i'm upset too. couple more officers come and they search the car (mostly front passenger side). they find nothing and eventually let us go. as we leave both me and my friend now have the most SMUG looks on our faces and wave bye to the officer with the hurt ego.

its not really about what happened to us. its about how can an officer search your car for any reason he chooses? all he has to do is get the dog to indicate and thats easy to do with crappy training. if i look at an officer wrong he has the right to search my car? if i piss him off he can search my car and take my cash (aka drug money)?? i can glare at an officer from my house and he has no right to search my house. yet he can do so to my car? my point is its so easy for a cop to abuse the use of a k9 to do whatever he wants.
doggiedad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

This thread contains too many elements that mods and admins consider to be political in nature and thus against board rules. Thread is locked with some edits.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.