German Shepherds Forum banner

19 month update

875 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  katieliz 
#1 ·
Hey guys/gals,

Here is my "Luna". I have gotten sooo much information from this website and wanted to update you on my first GSD. I got her Last September and had some concerns about the "Breeder". Luna had fleas, bacteria skin infection, bad diareaha was very small. I was worried about her being a mix or end up a dwarf. I got some great advice from this forum and was told that she is not a mix or a dwarf and to feed her a high quality dog food and give her regular excercise. When I got her she was 5 months old, weighed 21 lbs and was only 17" tall. She is now 19 months old and is 52lbs and 24" tall. She is the best dog that I could ask for and has had no issues for about a year now :D. I was REALLY concerned that she was going to be tiny but going by the growth charts I see she is right on target. Should I expect her to "fill out" any more? I have read that GSD don't stop filling out until 3 years.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
She looks like she is doing good. I have one that is about the same age. She is skinny at this point. I am hoping she fills out some down the line. If your bitch is 24 inches at the shoulder, then, I expect that she will top off at at least 10 pounds heavier than she currently is. If she is 24 inches at the top of her head, then I'm not sure. But she had a really rough start.

Anyhow, she looks really contented.

Your presents are already wrapped???

#5 ·
she has a very sweet face. sounds as tho she's doing really good considering her rough start.

(btw, can you tell me what your flooring is...just getting ready to replace all my carpet, your floor is beautiful.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.