19 month update - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 19 month update

Hey guys/gals,

Here is my "Luna". I have gotten sooo much information from this website and wanted to update you on my first GSD. I got her Last September and had some concerns about the "Breeder". Luna had fleas, bacteria skin infection, bad diareaha was very small. I was worried about her being a mix or end up a dwarf. I got some great advice from this forum and was told that she is not a mix or a dwarf and to feed her a high quality dog food and give her regular excercise. When I got her she was 5 months old, weighed 21 lbs and was only 17" tall. She is now 19 months old and is 52lbs and 24" tall. She is the best dog that I could ask for and has had no issues for about a year now . I was REALLY concerned that she was going to be tiny but going by the growth charts I see she is right on target. Should I expect her to "fill out" any more? I have read that GSD don't stop filling out until 3 years.
Attached Thumbnails
19 month update-image.jpg  
mjsatterthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

She looks like she is doing good. I have one that is about the same age. She is skinny at this point. I am hoping she fills out some down the line. If your bitch is 24 inches at the shoulder, then, I expect that she will top off at at least 10 pounds heavier than she currently is. If she is 24 inches at the top of her head, then I'm not sure. But she had a really rough start.

Anyhow, she looks really contented.

Your presents are already wrapped???

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsatterthwaite View Post
Hey guys/gals,

Here is my "Luna". I have gotten sooo much information from this website and wanted to update you on my first GSD. I got her Last September and had some concerns about the "Breeder". Luna had fleas, bacteria skin infection, bad diareaha was very small. I was worried about her being a mix or end up a dwarf. I got some great advice from this forum and was told that she is not a mix or a dwarf and to feed her a high quality dog food and give her regular excercise. When I got her she was 5 months old, weighed 21 lbs and was only 17" tall. She is now 19 months old and is 52lbs and 24" tall. She is the best dog that I could ask for and has had no issues for about a year now . I was REALLY concerned that she was going to be tiny but going by the growth charts I see she is right on target. Should I expect her to "fill out" any more? I have read that GSD don't stop filling out until 3 years.
Wow she is a gorgeous gsd!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
GSDlover143 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the comments. "Selzer" - she is 24" at her withers (don't know what she is at the top of her head). I think her mom and dad are 65 and 80. So I am thinking that she will be 60-65lbs fully grown. Hahah - yeah my gifts are already wrapped - compliments of my wife!!
mjsatterthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

she has a very sweet face. sounds as tho she's doing really good considering her rough start.

(btw, can you tell me what your flooring is...just getting ready to replace all my carpet, your floor is beautiful.)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
voodoo lily (dsh) & cricket (african grey~RIP 7/13)
katieliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.