German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Rescued puppy a GSD mix? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/382138-rescued-puppy-gsd-mix.html)

AFluegge 12-15-2013 11:36 PM

Rescued puppy a GSD mix?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello! I have to admit that I do not know very much about German Shepards... yet... but I'm making an effort to learn! My husband is a police officer and got a call for a stray puppy left out in the freezing temperatures last week. Well, long story short, he fell in love with her and now she is the newest member of our family. We named her Rudy and she's thriving! She is undoubtedly a GSD, but we don't have any information on her and are curious if she is a mix and with what breed? We love her regardless, but it would be great to get some insight. Thanks and Merry Christmas! (PS I have no idea why it keeps uploading my pics upside down sorry)

Xena9012 12-16-2013 01:17 AM

Aww, so cute!!! Such a cute little stray. Good job for deciding to rescue it.

misslesleedavis1 12-16-2013 08:08 AM

From all the wuppy pics ive seen she does look very much like a full GSD.

GSDlover143 12-16-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFluegge (Post 4677666)
Hello! I have to admit that I do not know very much about German Shepards... yet... but I'm making an effort to learn! My husband is a police officer and got a call for a stray puppy left out in the freezing temperatures last week. Well, long story short, he fell in love with her and now she is the newest member of our family. We named her Rudy and she's thriving! She is undoubtedly a GSD, but we don't have any information on her and are curious if she is a mix and with what breed? We love her regardless, but it would be great to get some insight. Thanks and Merry Christmas! (PS I have no idea why it keeps uploading my pics upside down sorry)

I'd say you pup is pure to.my eye. But can you post better pics in the.light?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

brebrehj 12-16-2013 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
She looks very similar to my boy Boxer when he was a pup. He is without a doubt pb.

Here he is the day we got him

AFluegge 12-16-2013 05:31 PM

Better pics of rescued puppy

3 Attachment(s)
Thank you to all who replied. I used my good camera today to takes some clearer pictures of Rudy. She definitely looks similar to the puppy pics several of you posted... a pure GSD looks to be likely!

AFluegge 12-16-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brebrehj (Post 4679818)
She looks very similar to my boy Boxer when he was a pup. He is without a doubt pb.

Here he is the day we got him

She does look a lot like him! Thanks!

AFluegge 12-16-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSDlover143 (Post 4678786)
I'd say you pup is pure to.my eye. But can you post better pics in the.light?

I posted some better pics today. Thanks for your feedback!

Galathiel 12-16-2013 05:37 PM

It's hard to tell with a young pup what they will look like when they get older. Right now it looks like a GSD pup, but no one can say with 100 percent surety that it's purebred since you have no idea of its parentage.

Stevenzachsmom 12-16-2013 06:42 PM

I agree she is too young to tell. Can never really know for sure, since you don't know what Mom and Dad were. She is precious, though. Thank you for rescuing her.