How do you handle people STRONGLY against all breeders? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

When I posted on my FB page about the pup. I got a message from an old friend about adopting vs. a breeder, I countered, then I got a "Please call me". Yeah... IGNORE. Of course he knows me and should know better....
Sp00ks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

misslesleedavis1 I hear you on getting roasted in the comments section! I'm pretty sure there's a collection going around for kindling to light my pyre right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimeju View Post
Fights on facebook are generally not worth it... Even if you "win" you end up looking like someone who is spoiling for an argument (even if that's not true).
Totally agree Kaimeju. Which is why I haven't responded to any of the fb comments yet. I'm still accumulating more of them and a few nasty msgs too. I appreciate you sharing some of your ideas though! Def food for thought!

KatsMuse and Gharrissc, I absolutely agree that everyone is allowed an opinion and respect that. When people start going out of their way to write maligning opinion based comments and send nasty msgs to someone whose opinion differs, that causes a situation that in my book requires 'handling.' Online, ignoring is possible but in person, not always. I'm just hoping to better prepare myself for real world encounters as they are no doubt bound to happen after this online chaos.

Sp00ks, I wish there was a 'like' button I could click for your last post.
Kahrg4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

Just a couple of days ago, I lost my temper on FB over this very thing. I just get so IRRITATED when someone tries to guilt me into getting a shelter animal, all the while bashing purebred dogs.

Part of my rant:

"If I choose to buy a purebred dog from a responsible breeder, I AM NOT KILLING A DOG IN A SHELTER. If I buy a purebred cat from a responsible breeder, I AM NOT KILLING A CAT IN A SHELTER. I did not put those animals in a shelter. I am not responsible for their previous owners' actions. I have the right to own a purebred animal. Oh, and I get the whole rescue thing. I have had 2 rescue Dobermans and 3 rescue Italian Greyhounds in the past. I've fostered Dobes. So don't try to guilt me."

Argh.

Carly ~ AKC Ch, GCh pointed, HIC
Sage ~ AKC Ch pointed (chasing that last major), HIC
Russell ~ future show dog
Zelda ~ puppymill rescue Italian Greyhound
dogfaeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

These people do not realize that someone still had to breed those mutts in the shelter.
I choose to support a breeder of purebred dogs, because if we don't, eventually we will only have mutts.

Last edited by Sunflowers; 12-07-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Sunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Sp00ks, I wish there was a 'like' button I could click for your last post.
I was thinking about that on your last post.

I would tell you how we handle these things in the south but you might be less a few "friends" *** get bent***

Quote:
"If I choose to buy a purebred dog from a responsible breeder, I AM NOT KILLING A DOG IN A SHELTER. If I buy a purebred cat from a responsible breeder, I AM NOT KILLING A CAT IN A SHELTER. I did not put those animals in a shelter. I am not responsible for their previous owners' actions. I have the right to own a purebred animal. Oh, and I get the whole rescue thing. I have had 2 rescue Dobermans and 3 rescue Italian Greyhounds in the past. I've fostered Dobes. So don't try to guilt me."
^^^That's great!!
Sp00ks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

I don't think I would buy a dog from a breeder.only because its my choice to rescue. I would just answer that is their opinions and you respect that. You would hope that they would respect your choice and opinion also. and just leave it at that.
Msmaria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Pretty much this
Baillif is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

It is pretty much that, LOL

Carly ~ AKC Ch, GCh pointed, HIC
Sage ~ AKC Ch pointed (chasing that last major), HIC
Russell ~ future show dog
Zelda ~ puppymill rescue Italian Greyhound
dogfaeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member

What is most frustrating is having this same argument with someone when you mention that you are planning on going to a responsible breeder and someone starts trying to guilt you into a rescue then turns around and gets a dog from a crummy breeder (usually of a non-legit breed) themselves.
angelas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Arguing with stupid people is pointless - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...
alexg is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.