German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Which one do you think or know is better? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/376561-one-do-you-think-know-better.html)

FortheLoveofChari 12-05-2013 11:38 AM

Which one do you think or know is better?

I had recently read a 'my vac is ruined' thread and made me double think the dyson and think about getting a shark navigator NV402 Elite.

Which is most recommended on here?

Dyson Animal

Newegg.com - Dyson DC41 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Tangle-free Turbine Tool (New)

OR

Shark Navigator

Shark Navigator NV402 Elite Professional Rotator - Newegg.com

I am leaning toward shark for cost purposes, but honestly I am looking for a vacuum that will last a long time and is durable and able to be maintained through fixes if necessary.

Right now I have a ten year old cheap vac from my mom and it won't last much longer. I have to empty it after each room I vacuum so really anything new is an upgrade at this point.

Liesje 12-05-2013 11:42 AM

If you like the Dyson, often you can find a certified refurb for half the price.

fredh 12-05-2013 01:37 PM

We have had our Dyson for 5 years and are 100% satisfied!

Gretchen 12-05-2013 01:53 PM

I have the Dyson Animal. It has been great. I bought mine at Macy's for a decent price. Waited for a sale, and then got and extra 10% off for using my Macy credit card.

Freddy 12-05-2013 02:10 PM

We got our second Dyson (the animal) almost a year ago. My wife loves it, and it picks up more hair than the old one by a long shot.

You might search for internet retailers, or Amazon. We were able to find the DC41 for under $500 with free delivery and no sales tax. Some appliance store in GA. Wish I would have bookmarked the page.

SummerGSDLover 12-05-2013 02:40 PM

I was the one who started that thread and after calling Shark, was not impressed with their customer service. They said that I had to find the receipt for them to send me a new one and I can't. My mom bought it and didn't keep receipt. The gal actually told me that "Sharks products are affordable. Couldn't you just go buy another?" REALLY. I'll be buying the Dyson Animal come tax time and just picking up a used one at goodwill til then. Good luck.

*-*Summer*-*

trcy 12-05-2013 03:12 PM

I have a shark and I love it. I've had no problems with it. We have three high shed dogs. My last vacuum I had to always stop and unclog it. The shark has not clogged once.

My mother has a dyson and loves it. She does not have high shed dogs. When two of my dogs stayed with her she did comment on how much they shed. lol

Liesje 12-05-2013 03:32 PM

The thing with the Dysons is that the latest model/highest number does not necessarily mean the "best" vacuum. I have a much older one but the suction power is still unmatched. Some of the newer models have much smaller tanks or shorter cords. If my vacuum died today I'd probably look to buy or refurb/rebuild the same model I have now, not a brand new one because the "improvements" are things I don't really need and the stuff I care about has stayed the same or actually gotten worse.

misslesleedavis1 12-06-2013 10:15 AM

Go with a dyson! i wish i had one, 3 dogs, and 3 boys...i opted for the walmart special, it does a great job but i would rather have a dyson.

AngVi 12-12-2013 08:07 AM

2 GSD = 1 Dyson

Sent from Petguide.com Free App