Ugh.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ugh..

So after living in my apartment complex for alittle over a year with Stella they have all of a sudden decided she can no lo get stay because she is considered an "aggressive" breed. Which is fine I totally get BUT I see on a daily basis ATLEAST 10 pitbulls a couple of which are so aggressive that I cannot even walk past them. They clearly are doing nothing about them and around here they are pretty much prohibited in any rental space. I'm am in no way shape or for against pitbulls I just dont understand WHY they are picking on my dog. They told me she had to leave the property and I said no they said I would be getting a 39 day notice. Fibe by me I hate this dump but its still an inconvenience. We are now moving back in with the in laws into the basement. Stella is a pretty submissive female, just really hyper. His parents have an intact male lab who I have see be aggressive before but mostly to males. Any advice on how to introduce them? Keep in mind Stella is a somewhat nervous dog who will most likely roll on her back immediately. But she just gets so freaked out! Any help would be great! And sorry about the run ons and grammatical errors.. typing while I'm mad is never a good thing!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
KayForbes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sheesh.. I ment I am in no way shape or form against pitbulls.
An a 30 day notice not 39

Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I wonder if the pitbulls' owners have also been given notice? But you are leaving and that is the best. At least you have 30 days to get your gsd and inlaw's lab used to eachother. I suggest a neutral place like a park for the first meeting.

Last edited by Mary Beth; 12-03-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: added comment
Mary Beth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Yeah don't throw them into a face to face walk them together for a while without direct interaction and then let them interact.
Baillif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Beth View Post
I wonder if the pitbulls' owners have also been given notice? But you are leaving and that is the best. At least you have 30 days to get your gsd and inlaw's lab used to eachother. I suggest a neutral place like a park for the first meeting.
That's what I had said and the lady just kept saying "we're working on it" I'm sure.. I was thinking a neutral place as well if all else fails since we will be in the basement they dont really have to have interaction with each other.

I'm just aggervated. It may have been just an apartment but it was my home. Now I find out they are charging us 2 1/2 months rent. Whatever, I guess. I'm just ready to be out of there

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.