Boxes and boxes... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Default Boxes and boxes...

Grim's been getting a lot of boxes lately. He just got a nylon 'working dog' harness for just working, and I just ordered him a different ball on a string for engagement and obedience training. Today I ordered his muzzle. He already thinks every package coming to the house is for him! Well... that's pretty much true... Anyway, the muzzle is his 'lifetime' muzzle from a place that only sells professional equipment. You can't even get too much info. from their website, and you have to call or fax to order. However, it's a great muzzle with a lifetime guarantee. It's just expensive! That's OK, though. We've been ordering the 'good stuff' all along, and this is a muzzle that's not only safe for everyone else but for him. He doesn't "need" it right now, but needs to get used to it. He'll use it for muzzle fights as well as if he gets too cocky. LOL!

How much 'stuff' besides toys do people usually accumulate? Anyone have periods of nearly non-stop boxes arriving at the house? Oh, I also ordered the new shepherd decal for my van... but that won't come in a box!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

No one else orders their dog lots of stuff??
Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
No one else orders their dog lots of stuff??
You sound a little worried.....LOL!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
x11
Banned

have fun with the new toys, feel sorry for yr bank account, this stuff aint cheap. i highly reccomend a dual purpose bite wedge/arm sleeve, less things to shove in yr training bag you can switch modes without interupting the flow of training, don't know why they are not more popular.

has shipping costs seem to be getting over the top in yr opinion??

what shipping company do you use for international, you have to plan what you buy to maximise the shipping windows, some orders just push you into the next window when it would have been better to re-arrange the order so things kinda fit better, just what i have learned...the expensive way.

you getting a suit, if so which one?
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
You sound a little worried.....LOL!
Just a little! LOL! Well, I ordered all his IPO stuff, then tugs, flirt pole, etc. Now this other stuff... yeah, the bank account is suffering!

I'm not the helper, lol. No bite suit or anything! I've not ordered anything international, and shipping at times has been insane. Like the ball on a rope I just ordered... the shipping is supposed to be more than the ball! The shipping on the muzzle was cheap, but the muzzle itself was over $150!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Well I order Ollie tons of stuff but I'm not doing IPO at the moment so I mainly only get 'fun stuff'. I just wish that he had more toy drive, although I guess for our bank accounts sake I guess it's good that he doesn't. He loves playing tug though so might try a few different tug toys... I ordered him the rubber puppy tug from Leerburg, he got ahold of it for two seconds when I wasn't watching and broke it.

I'm also kind of addicted to collars, leashes and stuff and Ollie has a few different sets and colors... I badly want to get him a really, really nice leather collar but since he's only 6 months it'd probably be a waste of money.

I'm also getting a bunch of stuff for our upcoming camping trip, travel bed, back pack(though I don't intend for him to really carry anything since he's so young just for getting used to) and anything else I think he 'needs'.

Let's just say the UPS and FedEx guys are REALLY familiar with me. So yeah, you're not alone!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Berlin gets a lot of packages...Tomorrow his flea/tick stuff is coming (how exciting!! - even though to him, it will be exciting..), i just ordered tugs, and ball on a string as well, and a black kong ball (he is very ball driven LOL) from elitek9...so that will be coming for him next week...I ordered his flirt pole too, and ironically (i swear i didnt plan for this!) it was delivered on valentines day LOL I was at work, and my mother said he knew it was for him and was trying to get in it all day. He loves getting packages. Heck, he gets more things delivered than me. Your not alone!

Rogue "Tesla" von Huerta Hof
gsdlover91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Good to hear that others have dogs getting lots of packages, too! I think we're done for awhile. I love getting them.... because he gets all happy, and they are good things that I know will last him a long time. The muzzle I ordered for him is very well made, and I think is worth the money. It will be fun when he's older to see him doing muzzle fighting with it! I know his face can't get hurt at all in it. That's the most important thing to me.

Last edited by Jag; 03-06-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mog

I just prepared for our new pup and it seemed like Christmas for the last 5 years all rolled into one I had so many boxes one day, my front door was blocked! lol The UPS and FedEx drivers know me on a first name bases now!

As I said, we don't have our puppy yet, but my daughter and I were excited opening each and every box

Maximus - Male Sable - Born 1/30/2013
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oh no, you are not the only one buying. I bought a band new cobra weave paracord martingale (collar & black leash) for Gunner. I am also in the hunt for a good toy or two for him.

Jaders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.